Reverend Charger/Club King 290?

What's Hot
RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
edited April 2019 in Guitar

Fugly lumps or sexy beasts, I can't decide...

Are the Reverend 290 guitars any good? The specs looks appealing

https://www.reverendguitars.com/guitars/charger-290

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I like the look of it in Oceanside Green.
  • I had a Jetstream 390 for a while. It looked awesome, played perfectly, I just couldn't get a tone I liked out of it... Overwhelmingly middy/muddy. 
  • MattPMattP Frets: 252
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or course, but I think they're deeply unattractive things - a hodge podge of design ideas thrown together that don't end in a cohesive result. 
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Club King RT is a cool guitar. 
  • ewalewal Frets: 2584
    I had a Club King RT. It was great. Only moved it on because I had a gear surplus. Still got a Manta Ray which will never go anywhere.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    I’ve had two Reverends, well one and one sent straight back, like the looks and paper spec but ultimately less than the sum of their parts and so very average in the sound department.
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1620
    I've had five and still have three. The Charger 290 was the only one I didn't get on with. Had a nasally honk to it I couldn't get rid of but which some apparently love.

They are fabulous value for money, great guitars and I often reach for them before my custom shop stuff. The bass contour is a brilliant innovation. My Rick Vito signature is just about the most versatile guitar I have ever played as a result 

• BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2950
    Well, I've got three Reverends, and they're definitely in amongst my favourites - the Spacehawk in particular is one of the most versatile, playable, and amazing sounding guitars I've ever owned. Love the Railhammer pickups. :) 

But they're all set necks and hollow bodies, (so far I've not owned a Reverend with a bolt-on neck), so a bit OT here.
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1949
    I hate that type of tortoiseshell - Looks so damn cheap!