Anyone use Ableton push 2 with guitar?

What's Hot
Looking to try to figure out the best setup for looping my guitar with push 2.

Anyone any tips?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    A foot pedal would be much more useful, with the Push you'd have to let go of the guitar to operate it. I'd say a foot pedal was almost necessary for guitar looping.

When I've done some looping on the PC I just used a basic midi sustain pedal and it worked a treat.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9549
    Check Paul David’s on YT
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummy said:
    A foot pedal would be much more useful, with the Push you'd have to let go of the guitar to operate it. I'd say a foot pedal was almost necessary for guitar looping.

When I've done some looping on the PC I just used a basic midi sustain pedal and it worked a treat.
    Im using an m-audio pedal but its quite fiddly to setup.
  • Check Paul David’s on YT
    Yeah ive saw all his vids using it, id love if he realised a tutorial.
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    thegummy said:

Im using an m-audio pedal but its quite fiddly to setup.
    Just click learn mode in ableton, select the command you want it to perform, press the pedal - done :)
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1946
    A lot of the Ableton produced videos are really good. I don't know if there any specific to guitar but definitely think it's worth watching them repeatedly, as some of the concepts take a while to sink in (maybe that's just me). Push is great, but personally I don't use it directly for guitar, I use it to come up with non-guitar related ideas I can then add guitar to.   

There is a good user community, you might have a local user group you can meet up with to get inspiration / tuition?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom