Fender Champ 15G

ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1639
Trying to help someone on another forum with a dead 'un. Anything known? Is the output IC vulnerable?

Dave.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72565
    edited April 2019
    It's a TDA2050 so it should be pretty robust in theory, but in practice they aren't always!

Can't remember anything else I've ever come across with one. It's a very simple amp, not a lot to go wrong.

You've probably found this already - https://www.thetubestore.com/lib/thetubestore/schematics/Fender/Fender-Frontman-15G-Schematic.pdf

Check the headphone and extension speaker jacks first though - as usual the main speaker is fed via the switch contacts in both.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1639
    Thanks IC. Yes the poster had found the map. The amp does not work but, typically on a forum, no diagnostic process has yet been given.
    He was concerned about two "burned out resistors" They were in fact two diodes in the PSU bridge. Yes the print was a bit cooked but I doubt the diodes had in fact failed.

No worries! I am not going to get deeply involved.

Dave.