Fulltone OCD

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    edited April 2019
    I don't see what all the fuss is about. They're supremely unremarkable with a strangely unnatural note decay which I can only describe as a sort of 'corkscrew' sound, a bit like playing through a really shitty amp.
    I think they're a testament to Mr Fulltone's colourful marketing spiel.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JotaJota Frets: 465
    This guy uses one always on and it gets a great tone.
    The only one I tried was the HX Stomp simulation and I find it way too much compressed for my tastes!

• relic245relic245 Frets: 962
    Jota said:
    The only one I tried was the HX Stomp simulation and I find it way too much compressed for my tastes!

Its definitely horses for courses. 

I've had a hx fx for about 3 weeks now and haven't got past the ocd  

This morning I plugged in my 335, ocd drive set to 0 I to a hrd and the edge of breakup sound was sublime. Loving it as a classic rock tone too. Then hitting it with a screamer for solos and it is covering all bases for me. 
  • JotaJota Frets: 465
    relic245 said:
    Jota said:

Its definitely horses for courses. 

I've had a hx fx for about 3 weeks now and haven't got past the ocd  

This morning I plugged in my 335, ocd drive set to 0 I to a hrd and the edge of breakup sound was sublime. Loving it as a classic rock tone too. Then hitting it with a screamer for solos and it is covering all bases for me. 

I'll have to try that one day.
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1059
    I like the OCD with my Victoria 5112 precisely because it has a lot of top end (the OCD) Like it much less with blackface style amps. Have the treble rolled down a lot in that situation. 
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1260
    Decent usable pedal. I’m guessing the reason people don’t make a fuss about them anymore is that there are a lot of other decent usable pedals in the market these days, and that it’s been around long enough that everyone knows what it does and there’s nothing much left to say about it...
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...