NGD - Midnight Blue Partscaster & NSNGD - Filtertron Partscaster

GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2666
edited April 2019 in Guitar
Last year, on a whim, I got a few @Alegree pickups on here on a whim. Get some bodies and necks, I thought, throw 'em together, it'll be easy, I thought. 

Mmm. 

Anyway, after a lot of time, a lot of staring at wires and sending the pickups back to Alex to be rewired and taking the whole thing to @FelineGuitars to be assembled I finally have these.

First up, collected last Saturday - The pickups are two @Alegree PAF-sized WRHBs with one of his strat pickups in the middle position. The five-way switch has the WRHBs in positions 1, 3 and 5 mixed with the strat pickup in positions 2 and 4. The top tone controls the WRHBs, the bottom tone is for the strat pickup. To me it's like a fuller strat, especially in those even-numbered positions. 

Originally I tried it with a Squier body I got cheap, but it didn't work - eventually I got a GuitarBuild body and sent it to @lamf68 to be sprayed. I was characteristically vague, and he suggested this colour, which is exactly what I wanted (though I couldn't really have described it and I'm not sure it comes out in the photos). Fantastic finish, anyway. The neck is an Allparts neck I got from @lovestrat74 on the classifieds here. I took it all down to @FelineGuitars where they worked their magic and it plays beautifully. 

I should probably have cleaned that neck plate before taking the photos. Or photoshopped the mark out. Oh, well. 

It's probably worth mentioning this as well, which was part of the same batch of pickups - @Alegree filtertrons, the body is an Allparts (I think) I got on here, the neck is from @GSPBASSES, again put together and finessed by @FelineGuitars. The pickups are wonderfully smooth - on the one hand, the bridge pickup does a magnificent open E minor KLANG! sound (I hope you know what I mean by that), on the other the neck pickup is fantastic for round jazz sounds. 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlegreeAlegree Frets: 667
    tFB Trader
    Very nice :)
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23533
    That blue's a lovely colour.
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2578
    Nice one John they look great :+1: 
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    Really like that blue on the strat.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12510
    I have an alegree neck filtertron in my tele, thoroughly lovely pickup.  The middle position in between the filtertron and the creamery red 79 bridge pickup is my favourite pickup sound on any of the guitars I've had.
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2666
    I've been off work with some kind of cold/flu thing, and I've spent the day going from napping to noodling and back again. I just wanted to mention the fantastic job that @FelineGuitars did with the necks on both of them - both on the wood itself and the frets. It's something I noticed playing the blue one, and then went back to the orange one. Jonathan mentioned the stuff that was done to the blue one's neck when I picked it up, but it's only now I've had a chance to play it a lot I can see what he means, and I can also see it makes a huge difference - difficult to describe, but everything smooth and rounded off and comfortable. I was going to drop him a note about it, then thought it might be better to put it in here as a testimonial sort of thing.