New cheap amp Day!!

What's Hot
danbandanban Frets: 343
Hi everyone,

I’ve come back from New Zealand with one of my guitars and whilst I’m waiting for all my stuff to arrive back in the U.K. I started looking for a cheap amp to play through and acquired one of these.

Its an Ashton viper 30 valve amp and I must say for what it cost me I’m pretty bloody impressed...sure it could do with a replacement speaker and a better set of valves but for what it is I couldn’t be happier!

To think I was going to buy a used Marshal MG10 or Peavey rage combo!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72571
    Interestingly, from looking at pics of the backs of these - in particular the way the chassis is constructed on the 50 and 100W models - it looks like they're copies of the original Marshall DSL series in quite a number of areas, although the control set-up on this one doesn't correspond to any DSL.

But hopefully better-made and not as prone to catching fire :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• danbandanban Frets: 343
    I know what you mean, additional the speaker is a Celestion G12t-75 and stock tubes are 3xECC83 & 1xECC81 preamp valves and a pair of byming el34’s.

I hear you about the Dsl’s catching fire, my old one did 3 times and is still going as a mate still owns it.

However due to the fact that it cost me £75 I’m pretty pleased.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • danbandanban Frets: 343
    ICBM said:
    Interestingly, from looking at pics of the backs of these - in particular the way the chassis is constructed on the 50 and 100W models - it looks like they're copies of the original Marshall DSL series in quite a number of areas, although the control set-up on this one doesn't correspond to any DSL.

But hopefully better-made and not as prone to catching fire :).
    The clean channel is a little bland and the amp sounds like it has a blanket over it so I’m thinking of changing the speaker out and swapping some valves over with some spares I’ve got then I reckon this’ll be a great backup amp once my Supersonic 22 mk2 arrives home.