• I’ll attend if the wife lets me. 

Probably not then. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Also hoping to make it down
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    It takes me about 20 minutes to set my stand up so I tend to rock up at 9:20 ish and binge on the shoddy bacun butties and eye-watering expensive coffee before smoking a couple of cigarettes before the doors open. Looking forward to it though  =)

(I'm always alone on my stand so have to fuel up before it starts)
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Me and the wife will be going, I'd like to time it for the busiest time of the day, thoughts on when would that be anybody? I'd prefer to avoid quiet points if I can.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14302
    tFB Trader
    It takes me about 20 minutes to set my stand up so I tend to rock up at 9:20 ish and binge on the shoddy bacun butties and eye-watering expensive coffee before smoking a couple of cigarettes before the doors open. Looking forward to it though  =)

(I'm always alone on my stand so have to fuel up before it starts)
    I asked if you and Neil can be together, for that reason - I believe it is arranged for Manchester via Gail/Peter - But not heard back about Bristol - See you - I'm on my own for this one as well
    tFB Trader
    clarkefan said:
    Me and the wife will be going, I'd like to time it for the busiest time of the day, thoughts on when would that be anybody? I'd prefer to avoid quiet points if I can.
    I'd guess 11am to 2pm for busiest 
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    This is tomorrow!

• eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    May pop down. Disappointed to see stone wolf can’t make it now. Wanted to check them out
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5053
    edited April 2019
    I was there, it was a great day out and there were many fantastic guitars for sale. 

@IvisonGuitars had a couple of hand-crafted crackers on display, one of which sold to a very happy (and discerning) punter. Not when I was temporarily manning Neil’s stand though, all I got was a lad from Gordon Smith enquiring about pore filler. Er, Neil, Neil come back...!

It was also good to catch up with Mark @guitars4you who had a lovely display of Fender Custom Shop beauties and other assorted classy guitars, a few of which were gone by the end of the day I believe. 

Mike @ATB_Guitars had his usual jaw-dropping display of vintage classics. I’ll take that one, that one, those two, and that other one... bollocks my lottery numbers failed to come up yet again!

I had a good chat with a nice fella on the @ThorpyFX (not Adrian) stand about how the Dane uses his, er, The Dane. Boost always on...

There were a couple of cool LP Customs on Richard Henry’s stand, but we could’ve done without the antisocial ear-shatteringly loud punk music he blasted out from time to time, until someone told him to shut tfu...

And at the next Gardiner Houlgate guitar auction, don’t bid on the 60s 335 and Strat that were on display at the Bristol show, Luke said I could have them!

Too much other good stuff to mention, but for the seriously guitar-afflicted saddo like me, I’d say that was a near-perfect day out. 
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • wrinkleygitwrinkleygit Frets: 259
    Worth the trip, the coffee was hot this year, shame the same couldn’t be said for the bacon rolls but at £2.50 a time I’m not going to complain. Spent a long time talking to Patrick Eggle, really nice guy & it rekindled my interest to look for another Berlin or Vienna. Big thanks to all the stall holders for making events like this possible.
    tFB Trader
    I was there, it was a great day out and there were many fantastic guitars for sale. 

@IvisonGuitars had a couple of hand-crafted crackers on display, one of which sold to a very happy (and discerning) punter. Not when I was temporarily manning Neil’s stand though, all I got was a lad from Gordon Smith enquiring about pore filler. Er, Neil, Neil come back...!

It was also good to catch up with Mark @guitars4you who had a lovely display of Fender Custom Shop beauties and other assorted classy guitars, a few of which were gone by the end of the day I believe. 

Mike @ATB_Guitars had his usual jaw-dropping display of vintage classics. I’ll take that one, that one, those two, and that other one... bollocks my lottery numbers failed to come up yet again!

I had a good chat with a nice fella on the @ThorpyFX (not Adrian) stand about how the Dane uses his, er, The Dane. Boost always on...

There were a couple of cool LP Customs on Richard Henry’s stand, but we could’ve done without the antisocial ear-shatteringly loud punk music he blasted out from time to time, until someone told him to shut tfu...

And at the next Gardiner Houlgate guitar auction, don’t bid on the 60s 335 and Strat that were on display at the Bristol show, Luke said I could have them!

Too much other good stuff to mention, but for the seriously guitar-afflicted saddo like me, I’d say that was a near-perfect day out. 
    And thanks for the cuppa tea  - came at the right time of the day - I had a good day - Hear Gordon Smith did very well
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexHunterAlexHunter Frets: 422
    Spent a long time talking to Patrick Eggle, really nice guy & it rekindled my interest to look for another Berlin or Vienna.
    Are you sure???
    Patrick Eggle guitars were there in name, but I certainly didn’t see Patrick James Eggle there and he’s no longer associated with that brand.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    edited April 2019
    Spent a long time talking to Patrick Eggle, really nice guy & it rekindled my interest to look for another Berlin or Vienna.
    Are you sure???
    Patrick Eggle guitars were there in name, but I certainly didn’t see Patrick James Eggle there and he’s no longer associated with that brand.
    Yes that’ll be the other one whom he had a very acrimonious split with I’ve heard. Quite embarrassing and confusing  when they both were exhibiting at the Birmingham guitar show a couple of years ago 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • just sold a clean MIJ Pink Paisley Tele at the last show

I think you may be doing yourself a disservice there. 

It was as basically as new. No minor scratches or dings, no evidence of being played at all. Not even a single  mark on the clear pickguard. 

I assume it was bought as a collector's item and kept in a case?

It's been played every day since purchase and is much loved. 

Any idea of it's history? 

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4929
    Well, I went, managed to grab a parking space, and had a nice time chatting with one or two people.

There were a few nice guitars there, but nothing which really jumped out at me, though I did find myself thinking "hmmm, I haven't got a Les Paul in my collection" once or twice.

Rickenbacker strings were there, but they weren't giveaway prices (£15 a set at the bass show a couple of years ago is now £18 a set, apparently).

I ended up coming home with a Rickenbacker guitar amp, which wasn't quite what I expected to end up with when I left the house in the morning.

I would've liked to see more parts/junk to root through, but otherwise it was a decent day out.