Chorus pedal that sounds good with distortion for No More Tears/metal/hard rock etc

Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3484
Bit of an oxymoron...chorus for hard rock...but that's what I'm looking for. Something that sounds great for 80s hair rock/metal too.

Hard to find a good chorus that sounds great with heavy high gain saturation. 

Preferably, I'm looking for something small, but not limited to that, should needs must.
Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17716
    tFB Trader
    Surely the Zak wylde one?
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31019
    The Fulltone TERC

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    Boss DC2. 

Lotta money for a DC 2 waza but there are Behringer and TC alikes and the TC Corona has a DC style toneprint. 

Certainly Gary Moore's modulation of choice during his heavy metal years and that or the Roland rack version on loads of recordings in the 80s. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I use the MXR analog chorus, which is supposedly exactly the same as the Zak Wlyde one but without the bullseye artwork. It’s brilliant. 
  • Boss DC2. 

Lotta money for a DC 2 waza but there are Behringer and TC alikes and the TC Corona has a DC style toneprint. 

Certainly Gary Moore's modulation of choice during his heavy metal years and that or the Roland rack version on loads of recordings in the 80s. 
    This is the one I want, but people saying that it's rubbish with gain and so much better with cleans. I'll have to try one to find out, I guess.
    I use the MXR analog chorus, which is supposedly exactly the same as the Zak Wlyde one but without the bullseye artwork. It’s brilliant. 
    Awesome, that was going to be my very next question. Thank you! That could be the one!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 897
    Yamaha SPX90 chorus for the original, not a Tri-Stereo...

Not a lot of help if you're after a pedal, but thought you might find it interesting :)

I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6233
    tFB Trader
    The Deep Oggin. Works well with distortion....
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    https://youtu.be/yqAkTePcylw

He uses distortion at various points on this, FF to 5:00 to hear him doing Guns and Roses. It’s more of a sparkle and less swirly than a traditional chorus but it’s very much of the period. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    MXR micro chorus for simplicity or EQD Sea Machine for more complex sounds and tweakability, I have both although I don't really use them much they still serve a purpose now and then.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • Mxr chorus is good for heavier stuff, and the boss ce-3 is really sparkly and 80s sounding. 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3340
    Zoom MS-70 CDR - there's a whole range of chorus, pitch models which get you into 80s territory