PRS SE quality... Surprising!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    In a word - yep. My SEII is the best sounding PRS I have had the pleasure of putting through it's paces - and that includes all price points.

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Anyone tried/ own the PRS SE custom 24 with Floyd Rose? Considering whether I need a guitar with a Floyd at all but not sure how great that body shape plus 10” radius is likely to be for metal and Satriani type stuff?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    TINMAN82 said:
    Anyone tried/ own the PRS SE custom 24 with Floyd Rose? Considering whether I need a guitar with a Floyd at all but not sure how great that body shape plus 10” radius is likely to be for metal and Satriani type stuff?
    I have a 2017 Exotic wood one and I rate it very highly. One of the bands I play in is an 80's hard rock/metal cover band doing Maiden, Dio, Rainbow, Sabbath, Y&T, etc and it's fine for that. No reason to think that Satriani and more modern metal would be a problem. Upper fret access is great and the satin neck is fab. I've never felt that the radius needed to be flatter but that's probably a matter of taste.

Mine has the 85/15s pickups and they're good for what I do but for heavier stuff you might need to change them. The Floyd is Ok but not the very best quality. No issues with mine after two years.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom