Quick pickup phase question

Hello! I've gone down the rabbit hole of humbucker wiring, phases, split, etc so would like to test my newfound (modest) knowledge with people who actually know what they're talking about... =)

Am I correct to assume that the humbuckers above are wired reverse-phase compared to the likes of Seymours, Dimarzios, etc (given that south start is hot and north start is ground, where for most other manufacturers it is the opposite)?

And I am also correct to assume that by wiring these in the usual coil split config (south start = hot, green+white to push-pull, north start = ground), it will split to the south coils?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72376
    I can't remember if the magnetic polarities are the same, but Duncan and DiMarzio have the slug coil as the 'upper' coil normally which is the opposite of these. Splitting by connecting green/white to ground will leave the screw coils on.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• PonchoGregPonchoGreg Frets: 764
    ... which is what I would like to achieve. Thanks as ever @ICBM !

Looking at this actually led me to a pretty handy Duncan blogpost in which I finally got that the path is ground to hot. So if I send everything else to ground and hot is my screw coil start, then that's the coil that will be in the circuit (much like wiring up a simple strat pickup). At least that's what I think I understood!!  =)

In any case, pretty easy to test and swap things around if necessary (but I imagine worth bearing in mind if matching one with another maker's to keep them in phase with each other).
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!