SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Princeton Reverb handwired by Klone Valveamps - 12" WGS ET65 speaker , NOS Brimar 6V6s PICS ADDED

rexterrexter Frets: 369
edited April 2019 in Amps £ tFB Trader
I'm having a gear shuffle after an expensive guitar purchase and need to let one amp go. 
Although this is probably the most versatile one in my collection I'm going to keep the vintage ones so here we go! 

I'm thinking £800 ono for this amp
I'm based in Norwich but will be in London this weekend if anyone is seriously interested.
Can ship though if meeting up not possible.

I will get some detailed pictures tonight or tomorrow and upload them, but thought it best to get this up there before Easter weekend etc. For now here's a link to an short instagram clip of me playing through it and looking jowly:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoT5rxRhEbZ/

It's a handwired Princeton Reverb clone made by Friedhelm Weinhold of http://www.klone-valveamps.de/
I think it might be based on the TAD kit, but has a handmade hardwood cabinet, black tolex. I believe Friedhelm modifies his blackface circuits to cut out the ice pick treble that the reissues struggle with (although they are a different beast of course).

I definitely find this to have a much fuller sound and less biting treble than my Blackfaced Bandmaster Reverb and other vintage Fender amps I've owned. The Brimar 6v6s in it also fattened up the sound so along with the 12" WGS speaker you get a very usable amp especially with single coil Fender guitars. Sweet spot is about 4-5 with single coils. Reverb and tremolo sound gorgeous of course!

The other tubes are a mixture of NOS and a couple of JJs I think. Full details tonight but from memory the reverb driver is a Jan/Phillips and I think there's a Brimar or Mullard in one of the other 12ax7 positions. Rectifier is NOS too.

Can ship with either a Belton extra long decay reverb tank or a TAD vintage spec tank.

It was fully serviced and inspected by Dave Hunter at Classic Valve Amps (the best amp tech I've ever used) aka @DJH83004 ;;; last year. Dave fixed what I believe was an unsoldered earth connection which was giving some static noise and biased the amp for the vintage Brimar 6V6s alongside a full service. 

Also the builder of the amp, Friedhelm is really into his craft and I had a few long emails with him about the amp a few years back and he offers support to anyone using his amps even if not the original buyer (as I was not).

Custom colours, vintage restorations, high end guitar finishing
www.rexterguitars.co.uk
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rexterrexter Frets: 369
    tFB Trader
    pics

www.rexterguitars.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rexterrexter Frets: 369
    tFB Trader
    Gentle bump, open to offers on this lovely amp.
    Sorry no gut shots, that's something I can perhaps find time to do over the weekend if it's important to people. I thought I had some from when I originally bought it but can't find them anywhere...
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom