PRS DGT controls

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• i personally prefer the strip back looks with dot inlays and plain tops. tobacco sunburst... yes please
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 2 volumes, 1 tone, coil split. Whats the trem like? Think i read somewhere it was more like a bigsby in feel?
  • sorry to hijack the thread but is there any SE models with the similar controls like the DGT?
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 454
    Closest is likely the Bernie Marsden.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 2 volumes, 1 tone, coil split. Whats the trem like? Think i read somewhere it was more like a bigsby in feel?
    100% standard PRS tremolo, @dean111music ;
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17626
    tFB Trader
    I have one just like that.

Pretty much killed my guitar GAS best guitar for a covers gig I've come across.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    I am thinking about buying this.
    Hopefully it is still around when I'm in the UK in June.
  • Whatever way the Volumes and tone are wired you can access a huge number of great tones. I thought I would use the coil tap all the time but the DGT pickups are very good with the volume rolled off.  Some people don't like that the volume controls  are in the 'wrong' place compared to an LP but id you have played a strat or tele it makes sense.

This clinic on how to use a single channel amp explains really well how the guitar and amp work as a single instrument.  Also love the way that Dave is using one off the peg complete with hangtags.

The tremolo comes with 5 springs, so is like a bigsby in the sense that it is a vibrato rather than for dive bombing.  Absolutely none of the grief associated with a Bigsby. I would say that the DGT is as straightforward as a tele to put strings on and get in tune quickly.
    Dave uses a lot of pedal steel bends and the 5 springs go quite a way to keeping these in tune. Even if you do get some slight detuning when bending it is very easy just to rest your hand on top of the saddles to push things back into tune. I can't do that on a strat.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    Feels like a hardtail but any wobbling and the guitar always stays in tune.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BGGBGG Frets: 689
    It is not the guitars main job, but the DGT does single coil flavoured Strat-esq tones, from a humbucker, better than most
    I agree, listen to Rob Harris for proof ;)
    #thebatesmotelband
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3557
    this has got me thinking about owning one too! Damn! Seems very versatile. I never really likes PRS now i'm keen on this DGT as it seems like a guitar you can take out and get ever tone from good single coil to humbucker
     les paul type tones. 

I tried the DGT Standard. It sounded like the world's biggest-sounding acoustic guitar. I could feel my Inner Townsend awakening.