[Sorted] Cannot get rid of flubby sound on Dual Rec with Suhr Reactive Load

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    Does anyone know the difference in tone between the Roadster and a regular modern Dual Rec? @icbm or @guitarfishbay ?
    I've never played a Roadster, sorry!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • In comparison to the latest revision “Reborn” Dual Rec the Roadster is a bit smoother, but it’s still broadly the same family sound. I haven’t compared to earlier revisions, and tbh it’s been a couple of years since I played through a Rectifier.
  • Thank you, guys. Really appreciate that.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • FiftyshadesofjayFiftyshadesofjay Frets: 1428
    edited April 2019
    I’ve tried or owned loads of them, in my opinion...

Rev F - Tight & bright, not as big sounding but good. Clean is awful.

Rev G - Looser than F but bigger, best rhythm sound out the lot with a TS.

Three Channel - Fizzier but I really like it. Red Modern is a bit much but orange channel is awesome. Cleans are a bit better but not much.

Multi-Watt - IMO it’s a refined three channel. A little tighter and brighter. My favourite Recto overall. 

Rack Version - More or less the same as Rev G, awesome sounding but way too hyped on the Internet.

Roadster - Darker and Smoother, I also found it flubby. Great jack of all trades but probably my least favourite for a killer rhythm tone. Has the best clean by a million miles.
    There's also the Trem-o-verb - which is essentially "Rev H" in that it's a derivative of the Rev G with reverb and tremolo.

Deeper and more open-sounding than the Rev G - better cleans, Blues mode, Vintage mode sounds more Marshally, Modern is less aggressive and in-your-face.

Not just my favourite Rectifier, but probably my favourite valve amp ever made - I had a couple of the combos. But I don't own one any more... because it weighs as much as a small house.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Thanks @Fiftyshadesofjay and @ICBM - and yes, I could only dream of trying a Trem-o-verb, that amp is very well thought of.

So a week on from trying the Maxon, I am really enjoying the sound now.

The Fortin pedals arrived today and they sound great, but they're not for me. I prefer the OD808 for my needs.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922

So a week on from trying the Maxon, I am really enjoying the sound now.

The Fortin pedals arrived today and they sound great, but they're not for me. I prefer the OD808 for my needs.
    The TS circuit (in whatever exact version) is the recognised perfect match for a Rectifier - the Boss SD-1 is better with Marshall 2203s... there's a slightly difference in the frequency response which brings out the best in each of those amps with the right pedal, although the other one is close.