What's Hot
kt66kt66 Frets: 315
edited May 2019 in Guitar

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14553
    edited April 2019
    "I am going to see what people are prepared to offer. If I don't reply its because the offer is too low." 

Guitar wants routing for Wanker humbuckers.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18935
    Next year's must have collectable model. Bargain  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2171
    Am i the only one thinking £250-300 at a push? I don't see how it's super rare.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4674
    There was apparently only 250 of the double bound white and double bound black made ( I have the white version) but that’s about all that’s correct on that advert, guys a dreamer 
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4942
    There are folks trying to push up Squier prices, but in the end JV or whatever, they are still a Squier.

But at least the seller managed to spell the brand properly, unlike maybe 2/3 of people with Squire's... (And yes, the incorrect apostrophe was on purpose too - my two pet hates of the ads encapsulated in on word!)
    gringopig said:
    Even if it's one of 250 made it's still a Squier. Gumtree is full of these adverts claiming super rarity or some special attribute for their crappy run of the mill guff.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/-rare-1983-fender-jv-paisley-pink-vintage-telecaster-guitar-trades/1337325323

LOOK a super rare JV Paisley tele made in '83. YAY for super rare JV's. If you say JV enough. JV. the price. JV. suddenly jumps up.JV. just because it is a JV. Super rare 100% real deal. Never see another. JV.

Even with the glaring evidence of a rat attack on the neck pickup cavity too!

£1895 lol. er no. I think I would get a used CS thank you.
    'Even with the glaring evidence of a rat attack on the neck pickup cavity too!'
    Rat with a can of pink spray paint too... Ohhh, wait a minute, 
    I need to bid quickly  :o 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2019
    prowla said:
    There are folks trying to push up Squier prices, but in the end JV or whatever, they are still a Squier.

But at least the seller managed to spell the brand properly, unlike maybe 2/3 of people with Squire's... (And yes, the incorrect apostrophe was on purpose too - my two pet hates of the ads encapsulated in on word!)
    My great love is the typographical error in a pet hate rant     #me too...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    A Squier JV Paisley Telecaster would be super rare in the sense that Fender Japan never built any. 

The item is either a refinish or the body is non-original. 

The JV serial number prefix may also be valid for some Fender MIJ vintage reissue models.

It is possible that the sale item is a cut and shut of genuine Fender parts that do not belong together.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72554
    A Squier JV Paisley Telecaster would be super rare in the sense that Fender Japan never built any. 

The item is either a refinish or the body is non-original. 

The JV serial number prefix may also be valid for some Fender MIJ vintage reissue models.
    I don't believe the neck date is genuine either - MIJ Fenders with that style of headstock decal didn't come in until around the mid 80s. In fact there's otherwise nothing to link the neck or body to the JV Squier era at all, it looks exactly like a standard MIJ Paisley Tele reissue. Replaced bridge and faked date is my guess.

Dreamers and crooks abound in the vintage guitar market.

I think the current Mexican Classic Series has firmly put a lid on the value of any JV Squier anyway - they're simply at least as good as guitars, mostly better, and have the *right* name on them as well.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    prowla said:

I did establish that they were deliberate, didn't I? :-)
    prowla said:
    prowla said:

'...my two pet hates of the ads encapsulated in on word!)  :-)  ;)   Just a jest.
    prowla said:
    prowla said:

'...my two pet hates of the ads encapsulated in on word!)  :-)  ;)   Just a jest.
    Haha! My keyboard occasionally misses keypresses - I'll have to sort it out sometime! :-)
    ICBM said:
    there's otherwise nothing to link the neck or body to the JV Squier era at all, it looks exactly like a standard MIJ Paisley Tele reissue. Replaced bridge and faked date is my guess.
    Agreed. Bog standard MIJ Vintage Reissue model except for Wilkinson compensated brass saddles instead of steel type. The paint on the pickguard, around the neck/Rhythm pickup cavity, could do with touching up.

Even the serial number could be genuine. The problem is the seller not knowing that JV prefix numbers did not only apply to early Squier instruments. 1983 was the last of the Squiers. The vendor has assumed that was true of all Fender Japan production. 1986 is the earliest possible date for that guitar.

Assertions about neck dates and identification stamps or labels are more convincing when supported by photographic evidence.