Fender Custom Shop ‘floor traveller’ and how to get one.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Glad you had the belated response I have just emailed them about a telecaster I have minus the shop floor traveller. I want to know what the bridge pickup is, I am 99% the neck is a twisted tele but no idea about the bridge. I am debating listing it for trade to get an Esquire but will probably just turn it into an esquire for a bit. Or sell my stratocaster and put that towards an Esquire lol
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2948
    Just digging this up as I've been told that CS didn't supply Floor Travellers in 2015. Does anyone know if this is true, and if it is, what year they started? I can't help wondering if the FT has disappeared to hide a modification of some sort.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5424
    Bigsby said:
    Just digging this up as I've been told that CS didn't supply Floor Travellers in 2015. Does anyone know if this is true, and if it is, what year they started? I can't help wondering if the FT has disappeared to hide a modification of some sort.
    I had a 2015 CS Strat that did not have one - Fender confirmed via email and sent me a list of typed specs instead, although they weren’t as detailed as the FT would have had. 
  • cbakaycbakay Frets: 67
    strange how some floor travellers have a lot of detail, some leave it more than half empty. course some are n/a fields.
  • gibbo666gibbo666 Frets: 24

I’ve got a Fender Custom Shop ’56 Stratocaster, and wanted a Shop Floor Traveler for it.  I searched for ‘Fender Traveler’ on TFB website, and came across this thread, which told me all I needed to know.

I contacted consumerrelations@fender.com, as fretfinder suggested, and they told me that Fender now has specific offices in Europe that handle these issues.  The contact details for the UK office are:

Phone: 0333 200 8765

Hours: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. GMT

Fender Customer Service Email: contactemea@fender.com

I emailed them, and two days later received the Traveler.  Sorted!

Sorry if I’m repeating information that is already common knowledge on TFB, but I thought this might be a useful addition to the thread.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • icu81b4icu81b4 Frets: 368
    Does anyone have a floor traveller from 2004? 

I’m interested specifically in the 2004 ‘time machine’ 60’s Strat, but I don’t know if they even produced FT’s in 2004. 

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5424
    edited April 2023
    Think they only started around 2013-2014 or thereabouts (I think, happy to be corrected if someone knows for sure), and for the first few years they didn't do them on "runs" - so if they did a limited edition Time Machine for example where they made 50 or 100 or 250 or whatever there was no FT - they were strictly used for actual custom orders. Now it seems every instrument gets one whether it's a fully custom order or whether it's a Fenders-own-spec ltd run, I guess because people like having them.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9542
    Email Fender great service.

consumerrelations@fender.com
  • RickLucasRickLucas Frets: 404
    edited April 2023
  • icu81b4icu81b4 Frets: 368
    edited April 2023
    Email Fender great service.

consumerrelations@fender.com
    I did,  Because my strat is a NAAM one of two made in 2004, they said that the only info they had is that it’s a ‘custom instrument’ 

I do know that apart from a few appointments (matching headstock, am/std fret wire, rosewood fretboard) the spec is the same as a 2004 custom shop 60’s Strat. Hence my question. 
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5046
    gibbo666 said:

I’ve got a Fender Custom Shop ’56 Stratocaster, and wanted a Shop Floor Traveler for it.  I searched for ‘Fender Traveler’ on TFB website, and came across this thread, which told me all I needed to know.

I contacted consumerrelations@fender.com, as fretfinder suggested, and they told me that Fender now has specific offices in Europe that handle these issues.  The contact details for the UK office are:

Phone: 0333 200 8765

Hours: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. GMT

Fender Customer Service Email: contactemea@fender.com

I emailed them, and two days later received the Traveler.  Sorted!

Sorry if I’m repeating information that is already common knowledge on TFB, but I thought this might be a useful addition to the thread.

Thanks for the comment. Did you say in your initial email to consumer relations that you were in the UK? I’m wondering if that’s why they redirected you to the Europe office. After I’d read your comment I emailed consumer relations in the US requesting a floor traveller, without saying where I was based, and they emailed me back with the FT less than three hours later. 
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • gibbo666gibbo666 Frets: 24
    And thank you fretfinder for starting such a useful thread.

Yes, I gave my full address (on the off-chance that they might post it), and I imagine that is why they redirected me to the UK office.