Where have all the Sovtek amps gone?

What's Hot
pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
I remember the Sovtek MIG amps when they came out. They got great reviews in the magazines at the time. I wanted one, but they seemed out of pocket for me.

I check up occasionally to see if there are any available, despite hearing over the years how unreliable they are. It's a bit like me and the Westone guitars available around the same time. Maybe its trying to see about the track I could have taken and if things would have been different.

...but I haven't seen a single MIG amp for sale for a couple of years!

(Not that I'd actually buy one if I saw one, I've enough amps already.)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72407
    Scrapped for parts or in landfill.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    All owned by JHS pedals! Well he has a room full of them anyway. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • All the doomers in the Czech Republic own them.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    That bad, huh?
  • JoolsJools Frets: 22
    This guy found one recently, only got a video on instagram of it, he usually puts stuff on youtube. He sells most of the stuff he finds, but will need to ship from the US! https://www.instagram.com/jeremytheguitarhunter/

• Tat2dsteshTat2dstesh Frets: 193
    I also remember redbear amps which were like a jcm800 but with boost function. never see them these days 
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3497
    I remember the Sovtek MIG amps when they came out. They got great reviews in the magazines at the time. I wanted one, but they seemed out of pocket for me.

I check up occasionally to see if there are any available, despite hearing over the years how unreliable they are. It's a bit like me and the Westone guitars available around the same time. Maybe its trying to see about the track I could have taken and if things would have been different.

...but I haven't seen a single MIG amp for sale for a couple of years!

(Not that I'd actually buy one if I saw one, I've enough amps already.)
    EHX reissued the Mig 50 but it's not in the UK market. 

I myself also remember the amps when they came out.  I liked the look of them and wanted to try one out.