Any King's X fans?

What's Hot
GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3600
NB: Ty has broken out the old Strat Elite/L5 rig for the new album sessions... =)
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2462
    Hell yeah!! Saw a post from Doug with the guitar rack. Hopefully they get round these parts. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ArjailerArjailer Frets: 103
    Oh yeees! Looove his tone on the first two albums  :love:
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3319
    edited April 2019
    Loved the early stuff and was lucky enough to see them around Faith Hope Love at The Astoria in London (? Intergalactic Cowboys supporting).

Live, they were a great and powerful 3 piece with strong vocals. I love Ty Tabor's sound and solo on 'Over My Head'. Did he double-track his solos or was his sound split with a chorus? My first foray into Drop D was thanks to him. An unsung hero for sure.

• HerrMetalHerrMetal Frets: 546
    Yes, another fan here. Saw them in London, possibly at the Astoria back in the day.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11328
    The first few albums were brilliant, a breath of fresh air.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6145
    Oh God Yes!  Just an incredible band. They are my gold-standard. Truly one of (if not the) best guitar-rock-metal bands to have ever been created. In those early years Doug's vocals were second to perhaps only Todd Rundgren in power and purity.  Just listen to the end of Far, Far Away at 3:45. he just soars!

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • Yes absolutely loved the first three albums as a kid. Lucky to see them on the GGTN tour supporting Anthrax. Unfortunately that meant I had to see Anthrax too but time heals all wounds.  (I suffered same fate when I wanted to see Living Colour, damn I didn’t like Anthrax but they could sure choose support acts ) 

Id say Tys work on Gretchen is up there on my all time love to listen list.  Pleiades is an all time all timer.  Like someone else said my first real sight as to what drop D did. 

I forgot the name of the show which used to be on where I first saw the “king” video. Last night ITV maybe? Ah kids don’t know they are born these days for access to media  =)
  • markr76markr76 Frets: 360
    I love Kings X. Agree with all the other comments here. The first few albums were amazing. I loved the album with lost in Germany on too. I loved Dogman also. More at the time it was out though.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24565
    Great band. Big fan of dUg.
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Hell yeah!! Saw a post from Doug with the guitar rack. Hopefully they get round these parts. 
    They are playing the UK this year - I'm going to see them in Glasgow
    https://www.seetickets.com/tour/king-s-x
  • Vaiai said:
    They are playing the UK this year - I'm going to see them in Glasgow
    https://www.seetickets.com/tour/king-s-x
    Oohh. I fancy the Rescue Rooms for that. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23045
    Another fan here.  They were my favourite band in the world for those first few albums and I saw them loads of times.

Unfortunately like many bands who get everything so very right, from the very start, things - in my opinion - went downhill a bit.  Although I'm sure they had their reasons they were never quite as good after the split from Sam Taylor.

I still bought (nearly) everything though.  Glad they're still out there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15980
    edited April 2019
    Guys....what's the GARAGE like as a venue ?

Old timer in the house 
    tae be or not tae be
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3600
    Kebabkid said:
    Loved the early stuff and was lucky enough to see them around Faith Hope Love.  

Great and powerful 3 piece live with strong vocals. I love Ty Tabor's sound and solo on 'Over My Head'. Did he double-track his solos or was his sound split with a chorus? My first foray into Drop D was thanks to him. An unsung hero for sure.

I saw the FHL tour at the Bristol Bierkeller, 1991. Incredible. 

My favourite moment is Ty's rideout on ''it's Love'. Just beautiful, stirring stuff. In a class of his own.