NAD - Lab Series L9 - Help!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    The proprietor.......indicated that it was the original (speaker) and that these amps are known for their darkness.
    Total crap! 

Anyway, glad you got a satisfactory result and good luck with your search for an alternative.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72409

I mentioned that I believed the speaker was not right and he indicated that it was the original
    Even more total crap! Even if you don’t know that these amps never came with them, just look at the back of the frame rim - it’s clearly been front-loaded in a different cab.

Given the scratched-on ‘impedance’, the speaker may not even be original in itself.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Haha, thanks guys. I put forth the view that they were specified with EVM speakers and he claimed, that no, the Celestion was it. Again, I am no afficionado of the Lab Series, merely relaying what I've discovered online and through forums such as this. I know it wasn't right to my ear and I've not lost out. Even bought a tremolo pedal off him immediately with my credit. In future I shall pay more attention and do more research! (famous last words)
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    I think the proprietor’s response is a variation of the famous dead parrot sketch ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I do love the squawk of Norwegian Blue, but this one is a bit quiet atm...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom