Fender American Original 60's Telecaster LPB

What's Hot
adam1990adam1990 Frets: 31
edited April 2019 in Guitar
Anyone else out there have one of these AO 60's Telecasters? 

I have to admit I basically stole this on eBay for £850 with delivery almost brand new. So it was a bit of an impulse buy because after seeing them online I wanted to test drive one at a guitar shop before I brought one, mainly because I'm not normally a Tele player but no local shops had them.

So when this one popped up, I left it on the watch list and pulled the trigger last minute and was the only bidder! 
While I waited for it to arrive I told myself If I don't like it I well sell it strait away and for what I paid I didn't think I could lose any money on it... Unless it was a total lemon.

Well when it did arrive I was absolutely blown away! This thing rings like a bell! I've never played a Tele/Fender like it! I really didn't know what to expect because I basically brought it blind. I was so surprised at how such a feather weight guitar (To me at least) could resonate and sing so well with out being plugged in.

Over all I am over the moon with this guitar and I will be keeping it! 

It would be nice to hear some of your experiences with this new series because so far for me its probably the best Fender I have played so far.

the only issue I do have with guitar is how Fender have stuck the decal on the headstock... As you can probably see in one of my photos the S from "Telecaster" has rubbed off ... This happened when I very gently brushed some dust off the head stock with my finger. 

https://oi1276.photobucket.com/albums/y471/adamnicol1990/Mobile Uploads/D8894D94-A059-46F4-933E-12D7506F3850_zpsemxzv3ld.jpg

https://oi1276.photobucket.com/albums/y471/adamnicol1990/Mobile Uploads/06356F3B-8E70-403B-A6A0-9F818E03CB74_zpska3tasaa.jpg
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• chris78chris78 Frets: 9346
    Congrats. My favourite Fender custom colour. The pure vintage 64 pickups are brilliant in those
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • adam1990adam1990 Frets: 31
    chris78 said:
    Congrats. My favourite Fender custom colour. The pure vintage 64 pickups are brilliant in those
    Thanks Chris. 

Im still getting used to those vintage 64 pickups if I'm honest, its probably because I haven't figured out how to get the best out of them yet as I'm far too used to my Bare knuckle Irish tours in my Strat and Classic player Jazzmaster P90ish pickups being higher out put.

But the colour is definitely won me over for this one.
  • Ive got a sunburst one I picked up second hand too and its a great guitar. I might put some brass saddles on it and keep thinking about putting different pups in her but only coz I like to tinker. 
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5434
    Very nice. Loving bound Teles at the moment too, that one ticks all the boxes...
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3055
    I have the Original 50's Strat and am also over the moon with it, my headstock decal is also fragile and part of it is coming off..I guess its period correct?
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• shaunmshaunm Frets: 1627
    I’ve got two 60’s AO strats and I think they are great guitars. As good as the AVRI range IMHO. 
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3987
    That’s an amazing deal.

I’ve been eyeing up the 60s Jazzmaster. The whole range seem to be well received.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72490
    Very nice guitar. LPB is one of my favourite Fender colours too.

You didn’t rub off the decal with your finger - the headstock has taken a knock there and it’s damaged the finish, your photo is sharp enough to see where it’s chewed up.

If you want to fix it, it’s a lot of very fiddly work, but it can be done. You will need to remove the damaged finish, drop-fill the hole, and add a new ‘s’ from another decal.

These original-style over-the-finish Fender decals are very fragile though - old Fenders very often have bits of them missing too - and it may be best just to leave it alone.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • adam1990adam1990 Frets: 31
    That’s an amazing deal.

I’ve been eyeing up the 60s Jazzmaster. The whole range seem to be well received.
    I've been waiting for one of the Ocean Turquoise ones to come up 2nd hand.... Its possibly the nicest colour combo I've seen on a Jazzmaster!

I think they're great personally. But a lot of people seam to be moaning that they're not 100% vintage accurate, I would guess Fender have good reason for the slight modern additions though. 
  • BluebeardBluebeard Frets: 228
    Beautiful looking guitar, love the blue and the binding. I would own one if I could afford one.
  • riverciderrivercider Frets: 461
    Lovely looker, this guitar. Binding works so well on any colour of these AO60s teles. Congrats!