SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Fender Select Telecaster Violin Burst with deluxe tweed case - £1,100

What's Hot
imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3762
edited April 2019 in Guitars £
Bought this recently from another forum member and just want to get back what I put into it: £1,150, no offers.

Happy to courier if costs are covered.  Otherwise, collect from Carlisle area of Cumbria (I live at Aspatria but work in Carlisle some days).

It comes in the plush red-lined vintage tweed case.  No 'case candy'.

Since buying, I cleaned it up and restrung with 10s.  It feels and sounds great and, well, it looks insanely pretty.  The problem is, I am a PRS wide-fat player, through and through (the only thing I'll consider in trade is a Taylor electro acoustic or PRS) and the DGT I just picked up relegated it immediately.

It's in excellent cosmetic condition (I'll not say it's free of marks, because it isn't, although it was previously misdescribed that way), with only some minor rear marks - none of which I can photograph well.

Premier Guitar give this an outstanding review, stating:

"The truth is, you’d be hard pressed to find a Telecaster nicer than this at any price— and at a street price of $2,150, that makes the Select almost seem like a bargain."

Spec blurb:

The Fender Select Telecaster® is stylish and light, it has a chambered ash body with a beautiful flame maple top and hand-stained Violin Burst finish with gloss lacquer topcoat. Its modern "C"-shaped birdseye maple neck has a satin lacquer finish and Bi-Flex™ truss rod system. The compound radius birdseye maple fingerboard (9.5"-14") has 22 medium jumbo frets and a gloss lacquer finish.

Other premium features include Fender Select Telecaster single-coil neck and bridge pickup with master volume, master no-load tone circuit, four-ply aged white pearloid pickguard, American Standard Telecaster bridge with bent steel saddles and stamped brass plate, deluxe staggered locking tuners, chrome hardware and Fender Select headstock medallion.

Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
0reaction image LOL 14reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    have a WOW 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • antonyivantonyiv Frets: 302
    Second Wow. I love those Select teles.
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 706
    Yeah, I had to drop a Wow too. This thing is fucking sexy.
  • Dear Lord...
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    That's lovely. It's second one of your guitars that I've dribbled at. I've actually ended up with the PRS Hollowbody, as it happens! 
    Call me Dave.
  • I got one of these when they first came out and regretfully sold it to get a custom shop tele, and I've had a few custom shop teles since and none of them really got close to how good my Select was! They're truly amazing instruments! Have a bump on me :)
  • DB1 said:
    That's lovely. It's second one of your guitars that I've dribbled at. I've actually ended up with the PRS Hollowbody, as it happens! 
    The blue one, @db1 ?

My band, Red For Dissent
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    Yes, that's the one. It really is nice. So is this!
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • riverciderrivercider Frets: 461
    Wow from me too. What a gorgeous neck. (Words I have never uttered before)
  • So much lust but somebody needs to show this some real love. I had a vasectomy yesterday, so I simply can’t 

My band, Red For Dissent
  • Still here; still pretty.

My band, Red For Dissent
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
     :o 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839 said:
     :o 
    Agreed.

My band, Red For Dissent
  • Impatience bump with a drop of £50. £1,100. I 100% won’t drop a penny more. 

My band, Red For Dissent