Strat trem arm spring

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15978
Those wee springs that go in the trem cavity.....do those little fellas wear out or anything?
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15978
    I just received two in the post today from those guys ^ and i am just trying to suss out if i need two or a 102?

A les paul type of guy wot knows shit about strats...
    tae be or not tae be
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14308
    tFB Trader
    hootsmon said:
    I just received two in the post today from those guys ^ and i am just trying to suss out if i need two or a 102?

A les paul type of guy wot knows shit about strats...
    You only need 1 - IMO you can then leave the arm in all the time - Just let the arm fall towards the bottom end of the guitar if you are then putting back in the case
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72490
    guitars4you said:
    You only need 1 - IMO you can then leave the arm in all the time - Just let the arm fall towards the bottom end of the guitar if you are then putting back in the case
    This is why Fender designed the Strat with an angled trem arm socket - you're meant to leave the arm in when it's in the case, and swing it round so it's pointing towards the end on the guitar. Fender themselves seem to have forgotten this since the current manual says to take it out... which means you then get grease from it in the case and lose the spring!

To be honest I don't really think the spring is a great idea anyway, it doesn't really stop the arm rattling properly.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15978
    Thanks guys  :)
    tae be or not tae be