Users of Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170, HELP!

What's Hot
sjo89sjo89 Frets: 183
Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170 users. Help! I recently got one to plug m HX Stomp into a cab. Took it to rehearsal for first time tonight, its been working fine running at a medium volume at home into my 16ohm 1x12. Plug it into the studio 4x12, gradually start turning up volume in sound check and next thing it cuts out, red O.C. light turns on and I just hear this metronomic clicking sound. Restart it, slowly turn up volume and same thing happens. Tried a different 4x12, same thing???? Had to run stomp into FX loop of one the studio heads.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1636
    Take a meter with you next time and check the ACTUAL impedance of those cabs!

Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sjo89sjo89 Frets: 183
    ecc83 said:
    Take a meter with you next time and check the ACTUAL impedance of those cabs!

Dave.
    But if I cant plug it into a run of the mill Orange or Marshall 4x12 without issues then its useless for me! Never had an impedance issues in the past with my other amps.
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1509
    This is the second time I've heard issues with the Powerstage now in as many weeks. Just makes me more hesitant to try one out.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26625
    Check your speaker lead with a multimeter - including wiggling it about a bit.
    <space for hire>
  • sjo89sjo89 Frets: 183
    Lead works fine with other amps as I had to use one of the studios heads and used my speaker lead for that no problems 
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26625
    sjo89 said:
    Lead works fine with other amps as I had to use one of the studios heads and used my speaker lead for that no problems 
    And the amp works find with another cab, and the cabs work fine with other amps.

This is the point where you check everything before jumping to a conclusion that one of the components is problematic ;)
    <space for hire>