Straight scoop on Kramer Guitars

AlanDn94AlanDn94 Frets: 0
edited March 2023 in Guitar

I am looking in to purchasing a Kramer.

I want a made in USA Guitar. Ringtones free
A vintage 80's Pacer with banana hockey stick head stock.
Some research has shown me that even they may say USA on the neck plate that may not be true.

What's the straight scoop?

And any other Kramer info would be real helpful. 

Thanks in advance.
Best Guitar Relaxing: https://ringtonesfree.info/best-guitar-relaxing.html

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4189
    Rounded Hockey Stick headstock are the older USA models, early 80’s, later ones had a more pointy affair. My old Pacer Deluxe had Hockey Stick and Schaller pickups as original, big old baseball neck and Schaller Floyd.
  • AlexHunterAlexHunter Frets: 422
    I had an 86/87 baretta, backplate said Made in USA. 

The parts (except for the original Floyd Rose) were made in the ESP factory in Japan, then shipped to the States where they were assembled and set up. It was a great guitar so I really wouldn’t worry or pay a higher premium for something else.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11615
    tFB Trader
    Few if any of the classic era mid to late1980s Kramers were made in USA - no matter what the neckplate said.
    A lot of the necks were made by a company called Sports in Canada who made hockey sticks 
    Most were made by ESP, who also made all the Focus series and Striker series

I do have this handsome ESP hockey stick neck (never used ) up for grabs if you are self assembling one

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!