Wooden Multi-guitar Stands

What's Hot
IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
edited April 2019 in Guitar
Has anyone got one of these?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F132840660267

It looks a fair price and uses felt on the contact points as opposed to rubber. Also it has a smaller footprint than the Hercules one I was looking at and can be custom made to size.

Just wondered if there was any positive comments about them from owners?

I’m also happy to look at similar alternatives if anyone can recommend anything but I’m trying to keep the budget to ~ £100.

Cheers
Previously known as stevebrum
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    They look nice. I was about to recommend Standmade.co.uk but I don’t think you’d get a rack that size for £100. 

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    edited April 2019
    Thanks - this is to fit across a chimney breast flanked by two wardrobes so not really needed as a furniture statement like the Standmade ones which do look great, but they are twice the price of the eBay one and again a slightly bigger footprint.

The eBay one isn’t as deep as a lot of others probably due to its design which means it nestles nicely between the wardrobes. And it can be painted I don’t actually won’t a wood finish.
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 471
    edited April 2019
    I made the guitar  stands my guitar room which don’t look dissimilar to those. They hold 7 guitars each and I made them myself from old pallet wood. I’m not the worlds greatest designer or carpenter but they work fine and look interesting. Most importantly they only cost me a few hours work and some wood screws.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    I made the guitar  stands my guitar room which don’t look dissimilar to those. They hold 7 guitars each and I made them myself from old pallet wood. I’m not the worlds greatest designer or carpenter but they work fine and look interesting. Most importantly they only cost me a few hours work and some wood screws.
    Excellent - I don’t think I’d ever get round to making my own. There’s an endless list of house DIY at the moment. 

I’m looking at the lazy readymade option!

Do you have any pics of yours?
  • adampeteradampeter Frets: 775
    edited April 2019
    I have one of those, 6 guitar stand in oak, very good quality and the guy offers your choice of stain or varnish.
    I suppose they are easy enough to knock up but i couldn't be bothered at the price
    Nice small footprint as well, 
    Recommended
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 471
    Iamnobody said:
    Excellent - I don’t think I’d ever get round to making my own. There’s an endless list of house DIY at the moment. 

I’m looking at the lazy readymade option!

Do you have any pics of yours?
    No but they’re very similar to the ones on eBay after all there’s not much you can do that’s much different. I know what you mean about finding time but they come flat packed anyway so you’ve still got to screw them together. It just seems a lot of guitar tokens to spend on a pile of planks and some screws.
  • steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1175
    Yes, if I needed one I'd make it myself.  As Henrytwang says, just a bit of timber and a few screws.  I hang mine on the wall.
  • abw1989abw1989 Frets: 639
    They have a website here:

https://www.woodencraftsbybtw.com/

Save them some eBay fees....

I'd been in contact with the chap previously about getting one and they are happy to do any sort of paint finish etc. My only concern was that he couldn't confirm 100% that they were nitro safe.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    For me the guitars stand up a little too straight, I'd like them to lean back more to minimise risk of falling.

As someone said above I made on myself also out of cheap wood I had around the house, I also adjusted the angel of the guitars from the plans.