Flying V

What's Hot
baldybaldy Frets: 195
I have recently got a V & recall seeing somewhere a strip you can put on the bottom of the V to stop it sliding when playing sitting down ?
Any idea what the strip is called or where I can get one as I am having no luck finding one.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2351
    tFB Trader
    DrJazzTap said:
    Thanks, I've just used my last one, I don't have to look for them now. 

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

• baldybaldy Frets: 195
    Brilliant DrJ, thanks very much.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10487
    tFB Trader
    Tuck one wing between your thighs ... puts the neck in a great playing position ... I never find those rubber things work 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1949
    I really really want a V - It took me about 15 minutes to get used to how they play seated and now I'm on the lookout
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4928
    I may get one sometime; if I do, I might be inclined to put on a fold-out stop like on a Steinberger.

In fact, I'm surprised Gibson don't do them, since they own Steinberger anyway.
    I have been tucking it between my legs, which feels not to bad, but feel it would feel more comfortable slightly further to my right.

• Tuck one wing between your thighs ... puts the neck in a great playing position ... I never find those rubber things work 
    100% this, it how I play mine :) its actually probably my most comfortable guitar to play sitting down and my go to when im in the man cave recording demos/ideas
    Schnozz said:
    I really really want a V - It took me about 15 minutes to get used to how they play seated and now I'm on the lookout
    I bought a really really cheap V,just to see if I could get on with the shape.
    I have pups, tuners, pots, bridges etc so can upgrade all the hardware easy enough.
    The neck is a bit chunkier than I am used to but surprisingly quite nice to play.
    It is early days but I am even considering a holographic re-fin on it by @lamf68 as it would really suit the shape I think.
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    @GSPBASSES no worries all hail the Google search engine!

I always wanted a Gibson 67 V, oddly i associate that guitar more with Hendrix than i do a strat. Stupidly missed out on a faded v which sold for £350 on eBay a few years back. It was collection only from central London.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    I play my recent super cheap V sitting down but I feel more comfy with a strap.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18817
    mbe said:
    On.
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    mbe said:
    On.
    I knew someone would take the bait.
    I gave £20 for this 

It is pretty much unmarked bar a couple of very light scratches.
    Tuners are not very good & pups a bit meh & it wants a set up but for £20 & considering I already have all the hardware to change everything it was worth a punt.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2351
    tFB Trader

I placed an order with Amazon last night for these rubbers, received an email this morning confirming the order only to see they come from Guitar and Wood Portugal. Very annoying as I'm about to place an order with Guitar and Wood, I would have got them post free and most likely cheaper, never mind win some lose some.

https://guitarsandwoods.com/miscelanous/58-flying-v-knee-rest-rubber.html

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Stick a strip of hook Velcro on the side and wear Velcro trousers.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4176
    baldy said:
    I gave £20 for this 

It is pretty much unmarked bar a couple of very light scratches.
    Tuners are not very good & pups a bit meh & it wants a set up but for £20 & considering I already have all the hardware to change everything it was worth a punt.
    I really like that. Why can I never find £20 guitars?! 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18817
    mbe said:
    mbe said:
    On.
    I knew someone would take the bait.
    Be rude to miss a setup like that.  Over 'ere son, on me head   ;)