Fernandes revival telecaster

What's Hot
stuagustuagu Frets: 334
, anybody got any experience of these guitars please? 
Im going to see one for sale over the weekend , 90's guitar. 
Any thoughts opinions ? Many thanx 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14581
    I had a Fernandes Revival S****ocaster many years ago. I found it lumpen and heavier than it had any business to be. The pickups were weak and the control electronics were cheap 'n' nasty. The person to whom I sold the guitar claimed to love it to bits. 

Ultimately, the only opinion that matters is yours. Go and try the guitar. Good luck with striking a deal.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    Thanks , of course, just didnt want to waste my time if the quality isnt very good .
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19031
    Google/ Websearch for 'fernandes revival stratocaster' & get some further opinions  ;)
    I don't have any personal experience of them, but I do know that even budget fernandes guitars are fairly well regarded.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14581
    I bought the S-type in a sale from a short-lived shop in my area. They also had a Sustainiac Superstrat thing and a couple of the Dragonfly models. In my opinion, build quality was inconsistent, ranging from excellent to meh.

Try the T-type. If the price reflects the quality, buy the guitar. If not, walk away.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KoaKoa Frets: 120
    Exceptional if you can find an early one
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19031
    ^ ' In my opinion, build quality was inconsistent, ranging from excellent to meh.'
    Just as well we aren't discussing Gibson's, Fenders etc. finish quality even today 
    :o :)  LOL
    Koa said:
    Exceptional if you can find an early one
    Thnx... whats "early" ?
  • KoaKoa Frets: 120
    Early .....late 70s to 80s Fernandes instruments can be really good, I don’t have any experience of 90s but didn’t the headstock shape change? A dealbreaker for me.....shallow I know!
    Koa said:
    Early .....late 70s to 80s Fernandes instruments can be really good, I don’t have any experience of 90s but didn’t the headstock shape change? A dealbreaker for me.....shallow I know!
    Haha, im cut from the same shallow cloth ! Thnx
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1393
    Kirk Hammett pictured with one on the front of the garage days ep 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30318
    I had a Fernandes Tele years ago. Don't remember much about it other than it was a great sounding guitar that played very nicely. I regretted having to sell it.
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    I had a Fernandes Revival S****ocaster many years ago. I found it lumpen and heavier than it had any business to be. The pickups were weak and the control electronics were cheap 'n' nasty. The person to whom I sold the guitar claimed to love it to bits. 
    Similar experiences here - I’ve had Fernandes Revival series which I thought were great, others less so.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• SleepyscholarSleepyscholar Frets: 167
    I have a Fernandes Revival Telecaster from the mid-80s, actually put together (neck to body) from two Fernandes guitars of about 2 years apart. When I got it I compared it with a Fender Tele in the shop that was going for over 10x what Taka was charging me for the Fernandes. I preferred the Fernandes (but then I'm not necessarily very sophisticated).
    Things to consider are that the RTE series seems to have petered out at the start of the 90s (if the catalogues on the Fernandes.co.jp site are anything to go by), being replaced by the TE and TEJ series with their sharp headstock. At about this time production was being shifted abroad, starting with the cheaper models. It may well be that the 'J' in TEJ means that these were made in Japan, while the TEs were being done in Korea. In any case, Fernandes have never actually manufactured guitars themselves. I believe all their production has been contracted out to companies like Fujigen, Dyna, Tokai etc. This explains why there are some excellent Fernandes instruments... but why there are also some dogs.
    All of which is a longwinded way of saying that the only way you're going to learn anything worth knowing about that guitar is by giving it a spin. (Though I am suspicious of that '90s' guitar line: as far as I can tell 1990 was the last year Fernandes sold RTEs).
    Thats all the info ive got direct from the guy, off to see it sunday. It has "correct" shaped headstock. Thnks fot all the replies
  • SleepyscholarSleepyscholar Frets: 167
    stuagu said:
    Thats all the info ive got direct from the guy, off to see it sunday. It has "correct" shaped headstock. Thnks fot all the replies
    Good luck with it, anyway. I love my RTE!
    stuagu said:
    Good luck with it, anyway. I love my RTE!
    Thnx bud 
    So i got it, lovely guitar, needs a bit of love and tlc but you can tell the last owner loved it. 
    Rewired original pickup in. Dated to late 80's. Very light and resonant. The only non quality item is the loom which seems cheap n nasty so il upgrade that. Thnx for help n tips.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom