Line of Duty - Final episode this Sunday - Who is H ?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Yep, Polly Walker is a minx of the highest order :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1303
    The ending left me cold, too.  Also this series might hold the record for most ridiculous tactical police scenes ever.  Fucking hilarious at times.

The best was the one where they had a guy up on a rooftop in plain sight, literally a big red flag would have been less conspicuous, and then a bunch of them were at a bus stop or something, but they must have gotten off a stop too early because they were miles away when the call came.

Also, wtf is Arnott's accent supposed to be?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12373
    sinbaadi said:

The actor who plays Arnott was on breakfast news the other day. He’s Scottish (with a really thick accent) . I always thought his acting was a bit stilted but never guessed that. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14267
    tFB Trader
    Philly_Q said:
    beed84 said:
    I’ve only just got round to finishing the first series. Please don’t spoil it for me!
    I might start again from first series
    I didn't watch the first series, only started with the second.  I must watch the first some time.
    started back on series 1 yesterday - download via BBC catch-up etc - Managed 3 episodes last night - So will get on to Series 2 shortly this week - Interesting what you did not recall
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    it was so obvious from the beginning!!

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • Finally caught up on the finale this morning. I enjoyed it, but the whole thumb/finger tapping felt a bit close to 'jumping the shark' territory. The guy was bleeding out, losing consciousness, about to go into cardiac arrest. How the hell do you read s bit of finger twitching as being some kind of Morse code confessional?! A bit too silly.

However, it was good fun and I enjoyed it for what it was. Not up to the heights of some of the previous series, but I also think some of the harsher criticisms being thrown around the interweb about it are more just a case of expectations for anything Mercurio touches being set way too high. It's just entertainment at the end of the day, some people need to chill out and enjoy it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22887
    boogieman said:
    sinbaadi said:

The actor who plays Arnott was on breakfast news the other day. He’s Scottish (with a really thick accent) . I always thought his acting was a bit stilted but never guessed that. 
    Speaking of accents... one bit which really bugged me this series was when Corbett assaulted Hastings' wife whilst talking in an Irish accent.  And they all went ooh, that sounds genuine, he must have connections to Northern Ireland.

Well no, it sounded like a Scouse bloke putting on a terrible Irish accent.  A fine actor Stephen Graham may be, but he's no vocal chameleon. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11902
    Philly_Q said:
    boogieman said:
    sinbaadi said:

Speaking of accents... one bit which really bugged me this series was when Corbett assaulted Hastings' wife whilst talking in an Irish accent.  And they all went ooh, that sounds genuine, he must have connections to Northern Ireland.

Well no, it sounded like a Scouse bloke putting on a terrible Irish accent.  A fine actor Stephen Graham may be, but he's no vocal chameleon. 
    You could certainly still hear the scouse in it
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    "eh, eh bent coppez like"