Played a 63 Bassman last night

newi123newi123 Frets: 888
Went to the local acoustic jam last night for a friends birthday, and it turned out to be a full electric jam. The guitar player (also a friend) had brought down his Gretsch and 63 bassman head. Played into a 1x12 via a TS mini and original Boss DM-2.

First time I`d had a go playing through it. Needless to say, work today has involved much application of the phrase `fender bassman` into Reverb and Ebay.............
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• An original 1963 or reissue? If original then he's a very brave/generous bloke to let people at local pub jam session have a go on it. Must be worth a fortune! 
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 888
    Original - it was well back on the stage & we all know each other!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72723
    It's also really hard to kill old Fender amps. I accidentally ran a '64 Bassman at full tilt with no load for probably about thirty seconds once. No damage whatsoever.

Do not try that with lesser amps. (Marshalls...)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein