eBay Seller to Avoid - dimebag5150

What's Hot
BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2230
Thought I’d share this guitar flipper on eBay worth avoiding.

He was selling a JM Strat he claimed to have owned it from new. Messaged him to make a cash offer of £1500, but he responded stating he wanted a min of £2000. I subsequently won the auction at £1600. He was based just down the road from me so tried to arrange collection. He then made a load of excuses as to why he couldn’t meet. Yesterday he sent me a photo of a pickgaurd off another guitar, claiming it was off the JM Strat (I could see it was a 3ply white pickgaurd, so not off the JM), and that when he was setting the guitar up, he found the Big Dippers had been swapped out by the previous owner.... blah blah. So he had to cancel the sale. He admitted he flipped guitars, claimed he was sending this back to where he bought it. 

I now wonder if he even had the guitar to start with and was instead trying to make a profit on someone else’s sale, as his pics were clearly screenshots from another site. 

Eitherway worth avoiding as the guy lies and and cannot be trusted. 

Here is is his profile 
https://ebay.co.uk/usr/dimebag5150

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Looking at his feedback he’s recently done the same on a John Mayer start.  Buyer won and her refused to sell it 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SouthpawMarkSouthpawMark Frets: 620
    He should change his name to douchebag5150.

Got to love eBay... I just got called a cunt by someone who I refused to sell a golf club to for a price less than half what it’s worth even 2nd hand. He was obviously a flipper, and not used to not getting his own way.
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6118
    Feedback rating of 92%. Best avoid any seller with a rating under 98 ime.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14581
    Unfortunately, all the crooks have to do is close one account and open another under a new alias.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    JezWynd said:
    Absolutely right. I have doubts about anyone with less than 100% to be fair, as if you’re honest there is zero reason to ever get a negative feedback. 
  • JezWynd said:
    Absolutely right. I have doubts about anyone with less than 100% to be fair, as if you’re honest there is zero reason to ever get a negative feedback. 
    I wouldn’t go that far. While I’m sure Dimebag5150 is an absolute tosser, I recently got a negative feedback for not shipping a guitar listed as collection only.
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    JezWynd said:
    I wouldn’t go that far. While I’m sure Dimebag5150 is an absolute tosser, I recently got a negative feedback for not shipping a guitar listed as collection only.
    You could get ebay to remove it if you can be bothered to go through the process. I’ve done it once before, as it really bugged me! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    If you look at his feedback you can also work out the shill bidder account.  :#
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3061
    Avoid eBay like the plague.

I once had a guy offer me £260 for an Ibanez JS1000 which I had up for sale for around £600. I thought maybe he mistook it for the lower JS100 model. Nope, he proceeded to offer me £310 and I'd have to post it. 

Had multiple people try and buy my stuff and get me to post it when the auction was collection only.
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4205
    JezWynd said:
    Several years ago now I had to chase a buyer up for her address so that I could post a CD to her. It took her a couple of weeks (and multiple requests) to get back to me, and then she left me negative feedback saying delivery had taken a long time
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

2reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    I've sold a lot more than I've bought on eBay because the BIN are stupid in general and I cba with the whole bidding war/getting sniped palarva. 

Only had a couple of dodgy encounters, one bloke said his son had won the auction for a PRS 245 I was selling and to give him a week as he was going to sell the guitars he had to pay for this one, sure as shit a week went past and got no response from the buyer so I cancelled the transaction.  Next one was some guy who was in China and wanted me to deliver the parcel to a freight forwarder in the UK who would send it on to China, the FF's address was on the PP but upon checking the address this particular forwarder had been shut down for at least a year.  Needless to say I cancelled the transaction as well.

I've had a few sarcastic: "Good luck with your sale because you won't get better than my incredibly low and insulting offer!!" but nobodies called me names before, guess I've been quite lucky!
    The sense of entitlement is strong with all flippers. One can only assume that they are all Chelsea fans.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • WonkyWonky Frets: 188
    I spend a load of cash buying guitars off Ebay and I wouldn't buy from this guy anyway due to the feedback.  Alarm bells for sure.
    Top marks for pointing this out though.  Cuedos
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7853
    Wonky said:
    I spend a load of cash buying guitars off Ebay and I wouldn't buy from this guy anyway due to the feedback.  Alarm bells for sure.
    Top marks for pointing this out though.  Cuedos

I think you meant to say Kodos.

httpsvignettewikianocookienetinkagames-englishimages77fKodospngrevisionlatestcb20180119121039
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10278
    Stevepage said:
    Avoid eBay like the plague.

I once had a guy offer me £260 for an Ibanez JS1000 which I had up for sale for around £600. I thought maybe he mistook it for the lower JS100 model. Nope, he proceeded to offer me £310 and I'd have to post it. 

Had multiple people try and buy my stuff and get me to post it when the auction was collection only.

I wouldn’t say avoid it like the plague. I’ve sold hundreds of things and had two or three bad experiences. I think it’s a pretty good platform overall. But you do have to be risk aware and on the ball. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom