replacement bridge screws/springs PRS - where to buy

mattacjonesmattacjones Frets: 507
edited May 2019 in Guitar
Just restringing my DGT and one of the screws/springs that holds the bridge (what do you call those things the strings pass over?) *saddles* has gone awol! Must have fallen out - weird. Any ideas where I can get a replacement?  Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mattacjonesmattacjones Frets: 507
    Thanks, doesn't seem to offer individual parts ie just the screw and spring sadly
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14423
    tFB Trader
    Thanks, doesn't seem to offer individual parts ie just the screw and spring sadly
    send them an e-mail - They have them in a box somewhere and will sell you just one - Quote the serial number, where you brought it and when and they'll sort you out
    Thanks!
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 787
    edited May 2019
    I had the same problem, noticing 2 screws for the e&b saddles were missing. I tried finding somewhere to buy without success but did find out a few others have had the problem ie they fall out !
    I contacted jayscough@prsguitarseurope.com asking if i could buy half a dozen and a few saddles & springs for good measure. He kindly sent me some spares of each f.o.c having replied to my mail in 24 hrs. Good on him.
    It was an SC 58.
    Crazy! Hopefully, I'll get the same exec treatment. I see from the internet I'm not the first
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14423
    tFB Trader
    Crazy! Hopefully, I'll get the same exec treatment. I see from the internet I'm not the first
    it is common - It is really as a result of the intonation screw  been just about long enough to only just go in to the bridge saddle - So any vibration works it loose, it comes out and as you have noticed you loose the spring and or screw - Easy answer is an intonation screw that is 1 or 2 mm longer
    Yes, well, I didn't notice, no idea when it happened but the saddles held firmly in place, not the screw. Design flaw!
    @gordiji ;
    Great tip - responded already. Thanks!