Five years later...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Simon_MSimon_M Frets: 542
    tbc said:
    Five years later...

5 years later what?
  • tbctbc Frets: 38
    Bringing this thread back from the dead after five years...here is my not-335, another Yamaha SA-1000, this time a 1978 model. 

Got my hands on it today after lusting after one for a while, and I love it. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • agibboagibbo Frets: 102
    Awesome! I love my old Yamaha SA guitars! I have a 1979 SA1000 and it's a beauty! I think there's a photo of it somewhere in this thread, with its 1984 SA800 brother. 

I reckon if Yamaha reissued these guitars, without all the bling of the SA2200 they would sell shed loads!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Simon_M said:
    tbc said:
    Five years later...

5 years later what?
    (What seems like) five years later I realised I had accidentally posted a comment l thought I'd left after struggling to link to the picture!
    agibbo said:
    Awesome! I love my old Yamaha SA guitars! I have a 1979 SA1000 and it's a beauty! I think there's a photo of it somewhere in this thread, with its 1984 SA800 brother. 

I reckon if Yamaha reissued these guitars, without all the bling of the SA2200 they would sell shed loads!
    The nice natural colour one on the chair, I remembered without needing to look again!

Do you notice a difference between the SA-1000 and SA-800?
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33803
    edited April 2019
    My 2016 Gibson Custom '63 Reissue ES-335 with block inlays.
    Nashville made, with BB1/2- neck is about halfway between a 50's and a 60's.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4187
    One of the Guitar Guitar Blowout deals

https://i.imgur.com/rqV8eXx.jpg
  • danbandanban Frets: 343
    2016 Gibson ‘58 Vos ES335

• bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    2014 Warren Haynes model, which I don't have anymore.  I desperately wanted it to work for me, but unfortunately I just couldn't gel with it.

• markjmarkj Frets: 914
  • markjmarkj Frets: 914
    My 2013 Memphis made dot 335 fitted with a set of Oilcity pickups masterwound PAF's. Sounds absolutely superb.
  • agibboagibbo Frets: 102
    tbc said:
    agibbo said:

The nice natural colour one on the chair, I remembered without needing to look again!

Do you notice a difference between the SA-1000 and SA-800?
    The 1000 is a fair bit heavier than the 800, and has a much bigger neck too. I'd say proportion wise, the 1000 is slightly chunkier than my old PRS, which has a wide fat neck, and the 800 is similar to a 60's Gibson profile.  

The ebony fretboard on the 1000 makes it sound a bit brighter than the 800 too which has rosewood. However, the 800 has coil-splits on both pickups, and the split positions actually sound good, so it makes it a more versatile guitar.

Both are really good, but different sounding and feeling guitars. 
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2695
    edited April 2019
    Blonde

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7467
    My LC 335 

Red ones are better. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22970
    edited April 2019
    Skipped said:
    David Cameron says he  is going for a 2 3 5 plan for the 3 x  Leader Debates (2 main party leaders, then add Clegg. then add Greens + UKIP leader.
    Cameron is wrong - Clegg should be in the first 2 debates.

He should go with 3 3 5.
    Fucking hell, a lot of water's passed under the bridge since that topical comment.
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 403
    octatonic said:
    My 2016 Gibson Custom '63 Reissue ES-335 with block inlays.
    Nashville made, with BB1/2- neck is about halfway between a 50's and a 60's.

Mr @octatonic is obviously a man of good taste! That is very similar to mine (Gibson ES-335 Block Reissue from 2012, antique tea burst finish):

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Philly_Q said:
    Skipped said:
    David Cameron says he  is going for a 2 3 5 plan for the 3 x  Leader Debates (2 main party leaders, then add Clegg. then add Greens + UKIP leader.
    Cameron is wrong - Clegg should be in the first 2 debates.

He should go with 3 3 5.
    Fucking hell, a lot of water's passed under the bridge since that topical comment.
    A lot of raw sewerage!

Here's mine :-) 2018 anchor stud VOS. Neck is super round and quite fat with rolled edges. Sounds great, really clear with loads of midrange