Best sub £ 500 p90 guitar

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I keep thinking about a Gibson Melody Maker with P90 and they seem to go for well under £500... Are they any good?
    Do you mean the one Dave is playing here? Looks like a TV yellow Jr, but with a non wrap around bridge...
    https://youtu.be/3WFS9d_0TPQ

If its the double P90 one, they mark up SO easily & the body is very thin. They’re nice guitars though. 

Its worth watching the video for the gorgeous Epiphone coronet being played too (also a single P90), not to mention that the songs are great too. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 832
    I keep thinking about a Gibson Melody Maker with P90 and they seem to go for well under £500... Are they any good?
    Do you mean the one Dave is playing here? Looks like a TV yellow Jr, but with a non wrap around bridge...
    https://youtu.be/3WFS9d_0TPQ

If its the double P90 one, they mark up SO easily & the body is very thin. They’re nice guitars though. 

Its worth watching the video for the gorgeous Epiphone coronet being played too (also a single P90), not to mention that the songs are great too. 

Yep that's the one! Why do they mark up easily? Ultra thin finish?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    Yeah SE soapbars hard to beat 
    I use my SE one all the time.
  • stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5419
    edited May 2019
    These 2014 ones have a very thin finish. I liked it though & dont mind some “battle scars”. 
    https://espanol.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2014/Les-Paul-Melody-Maker.aspx

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16296
    Yamaha Revstar RS502 in Shop Black ( the Billet Green version would take you over budget for some reason). 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    I've got a PRS SE Soapbar with 2 P90s.
    It's got a lovely neck and it never goes out of tune even though it's had the same strings on it for God knows how many years.
  • Just wanted to say thanks @Zonular I’ve spent the last hour bashing away on my little pink SG Jr clone & basking in the brilliance of a brash P90... it WAS up for sale. Not any more. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ZonularZonular Frets: 62
    Love it and how much do you want for it
  • baldybaldy Frets: 195
    I had a Pacifica 611 for about a year & the neck P90 is brilliant, so is the bridge HB mind.
    They are great guitars & an awful lot of guitar for the money & very versatile tonally.
    From my experience of Yamaha"s, I have had 4 (3 different models) & still have 3, their build quality & consistency is superb.

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1374
    probably the Vintage VS6 [sg special] with @Alegree p90s that I used to have. greath guitar, good sounds, didn't like the neck
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 471
    I keep thinking about a Gibson Melody Maker with P90 and they seem to go for well under £500... Are they any good?
    The 2003-2006 Melody Makers are amazing little guitars for the money but are becoming difficult to find. They have a P90 dogs ear pickup, tune o matic bridge and a stop bar tailpiece. The bodies are made of Santa Maria and the necks are Spanish Cedar with a rosewood fingerboard. I have a couple of them.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9679
    I've got a Pacifica 611HFM in amberburst. Fantastically versatile instrument.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    2019 gibson les paul jr dc. The one that's just been superceded by a new version.

Richtone were selling them at £499, not sure if they still are.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3624
    Gibson Les Paul junior or special.