Meris Enzo help

What's Hot
joetelejoetele Frets: 954
Hi all

I can't remember who owns the Meris Enzo here, but for some reason the synth note ways seems to be slightly lower in pitch than the original guitar note, but this only happens with the Poly and Arp modes. Mono seems to be fine. I've gone into the global settings mode and changed it to 'mono in' and 'instrument level' but can't find anything that would explain this slight detune. 

Any ideas? 
MUSIC: Pale Blurs
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joetelejoetele Frets: 954
    So I emailed them and this was their (very quick) reply:

"In Poly and Arp modes, Enzo will sometimes find notes in the Overtone Series that occur naturally and synthesize them.  The tracking in these modes is based on volume and attack.  Enzo is listening and synthesizing your loudest notes first and then adding any other pitches it hears, like overtones.  Try playing your chords in this mode with a little more attack and avoid muted strings as they have a pitch, even if we don’t hear them Enzo will.  Open strings are rich with overtones and can sometimes produce more than desired.  Let the sustain knob do the work for you and try to hold chords for a little less time.  The more time Enzo has to find overtones, the more likely it will.  Enzo really needs to be treated like it’s own instrument and have your playing adjusted to it to get the most out of it. "
    I'll try altering my picking but I didn't feel like this was the issue. Any ideas? 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33889
    Mine doesn't do this.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    What guitar are you playing with @joetele ?
    Does it happen if you use a different guitar?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Tried it with my MIM Tele and my semi hollow Vintage Tele. I was picking lightly as son was asleep next door (used headphones) so not sure if pick attack was the issue. Tried neck and bridge pickups too. It's after a whammy, wah and data Corrupter in the chain but none of those were on. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33889
    joetele said:
    Tried it with my MIM Tele and my semi hollow Vintage Tele. I was picking lightly as son was asleep next door (used headphones) so not sure if pick attack was the issue. Tried neck and bridge pickups too. It's after a whammy, wah and data Corrupter in the chain but none of those were on. 
    I put mine first in the chain.
    octatonic said:
    joetele said:
    I put mine first in the chain.

I'm going to try that and see if it works. I really want to love this pedal and the Mono mode is fine, I just want Poly and Arp to work! 
    Right, put it first in the chain, tried varying picking attack and different lengths of chords etc, but still the same issue. I've emailed Meris back and I've messaged the seller on eBay to see if he was aware of the issue. It might have to go back if it's a problem. 

Wouldn't be an issue with power would it? It's currently connected to a multi power supply rather than the official Meris one - nothing to do with the two other modes needing more power to work? 
    Right! Ok @meltedbuzzbox and anyone else who cares - I tried it with my Ibanez which has humbuckers - and didn't have the issue on Poly or Arp. The pickups on my MIM Tele are noiseless so maybe they're not a strong enough signal? Oddly the pickups on my Vintage include a mini humbucker at the neck too, so not sure why this Enzo doesn't like my two teles (no jokes please) as I've seen people like The Pedal Zone and others using Teles on their demos??
    Just the last point on this - I very carefully tuned the Telecaster again and the problem has gone away. I think a few of the indiscrepancies in the tuning was throwing the Enzo off. So basically the Enzo works fine, it's just user error. I am very stupid. 

Still a ridiculously deep pedal, though. The jury's still out on whether it's perhaps a bit more than I need for what I do so may be up for sale in the coming months!