Alegree "Sea Smoke" staple P90?

What's Hot
zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
Does anyone have any experience with the above mentioned pickup? I would just like to know what difference the staples make compared to standard pole pieces please? 
Tomorrow will be a good day.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    Why not ask @Alegree himself? 
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Why not ask @Alegree himself? 
    That would help wouldn't it! But unbiased user opinions are most welcome too.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    I think the staples hold the sound together better

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    Cleaner, brighter, and tighter in the bass. Puts them tonally between a P90 and a Tele bridge.
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Alegree said:
    Cleaner, brighter, and tighter in the bass. Puts them tonally between a P90 and a Tele bridge.
    Thank you for your reply. What kind of output do they have please? I'm ideally looking for something in the 10k region (bridge position). It would be used for blues up to hard rock/nwobhm.
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3497
    zepp76 said:
    Alegree said:
    Thank you for your reply. What kind of output do they have please? I'm ideally looking for something in the 10k region (bridge position). It would be used for blues up to hard rock/nwobhm.
    I do not own his staple pickups, but I have a set of his Desert Dews in my Tele and they are truly superb.  The bridge I think is 10k, with 44awg wire I think, and it's a touch on the compressed side of things and it works incredibly well with fuzz (clean is great as well)
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    zepp76 said:
    Alegree said:
    The Murky bridge is not far off 10k (it's a little lower than the standard P90 variant due to a slightly taller bobbin). 
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk