New Fernandes Sustainer

What's Hot
BowksBowks Frets: 414
I spotted this new design for the Fernandes Sustainer earlier this week on Instagram. They’ve dramatically reduced the size of the driver, so now you can keep your neck pickup and have a Sustainer.

Here’s a link to the Fernandes website. It’s in Japanese, but the photos show just how small it is now http://www.fernandes.co.jp/info/fr-elt-sus-ii.html
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Now if they could only reduce the size of the huge pcb control board that would be great. 

Far too much routing work to install in most guitars control cavities 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26613
    edited May 2019
    I really want one of these in my lightweight Jaden Tele, but there's absolutely no way the board and battery will fit even if I make another cavity for it (the body's incredibly thin).

I'm wondering what the wiring is to the driver, and whether I could just wire a socket in somewhere and run the control pack externally.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14446
    Now if they could only reduce the size of the huge pcb control board, that would be great. 
    Deserves LOL and Wiz. Have a Wow.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    edited May 2019
    I wonder if they improved the atrocious tone suck too... I had a Fernandes with a sustainer in the neck and a JB in the bridge...it made the JB sound unrecognisably bad even when the sustainer wasn’t active. It was unusable for me, and I had to get rid of it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BowksBowks Frets: 414
     Funkfingers said:
    Now if they could only reduce the size of the huge pcb control board, that would be great. 
    Deserves LOL and Wiz. Have a Wow.
    The rear plates on the new Fernandes guitars don’t look too massive. If they want to shift more units, I’d hope they have reduced the circuit board too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14446
    Ironically, the original Eighties Maniac Music Sustainiac housed the electronical gubbins in a standalone floor pedal.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    What the board contains is a small preamp that feeds your guitar’s signal into the energiser coil instead of a speaker. This makes the string vibrate.

The ‘harmonic’ mode is exactly the same but out of phase with the output.

Tbh, this looks ace and addresses the big issue with the system - not having a decent neck pickup.

Its just a pity that Fernandes insist on fitting these things to bloody pointy flamey super Strats (with fuck horrible Floyd roses) or clunky Les Paul a-likes... and they often fit those ghastly Floyds to those. Not everyone who wants that sort of sound plays hard rock, metal and da gainz. Equally not everyone likes Floyd Roses 

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom