Elevation Electro acoustic with 2 pickups and 4 control knobs ?

pippip Frets: 0
Came across a Elevationn Electro acoustic guitar with 2 pick ups and 4 control knobs. It looked like a possibly  1970s  guitar.
I have searched on line and I cannot find anything similar. Does anyone have any information tomsettle my curiosity.It was priced £65.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72397
    Do you mean a semi-acoustic, like a Gibson ES335?

The only Elevation branded guitars I've ever seen are modern cheapos - I currently own a half-size child's/travel Strat copy, which I'm trying to sell...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14446
    Photographs would help.

You could be looking at an electro-acoustic guitar to which somebody has retro-fitted a second pickup.

A friend of mine used to have a hybrid guitar, constructionally acoustic, fitted with an under-saddle piezo transducer and a magnetic pickup where a sound hole would normally be. I remember it as being from a subsidiary of Höhner. 

Unfortunately, it is possible that you are misdescribing a semi-hollow electric guitar or a fully hollow "jazz" guitar. 

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • pippip Frets: 0
    It was a Elevation electro acoustic made to look similar to a Martin D28. It had 2 white pick ups and four white knobs.. But its probably modified then and not standard.No pic unfortunately.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11905
    Are they Argos brand cheapies?
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11905
    ICBM said:
    Do you mean a semi-acoustic, like a Gibson ES335?

The only Elevation branded guitars I've ever seen are modern cheapos - I currently own a half-size child's/travel Strat copy, which I'm trying to sell...
    how much is a 1/2 size strat worth?
    That's what's bugging me why modify a cheap guitar to that extent..I will phone the junk shop tomorrow and ask for pics.
    Bothering me because maybe I should have got it .
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72397
    ToneControl said:

how much is a 1/2 size strat worth?
    £50. Do you want it? :)

pip said:
    That's what's bugging me why modify a cheap guitar to that extent
    More sensible than modifying an expensive guitar, if you want to do something a bit off the wall...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3473
    One of those 3/4 size Japanese Fender Teles would be more off the wall, been hunting one for years!

A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3473
    Just to add, if anyone has one for sale, PM me.

A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.