I think the Apprentice did this one....(Ric spray job)

What's Hot
IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
This is possibly one of the worst attempts at Fireglo I’ve seen.  =)

I wouldn’t spend £1700 on it. Neither did the seller he paid ~ £1100. Still too much!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F173890572055

Original sale:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F273798854758

Previously known as stevebrum
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3912
    Horrible.
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    That’s pretty bad. Typical QC from gib.... oh   ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    It’s the thick band of paint in a straight line near the R tailpiece - hardly any transition of colour at all. 
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6088
    'Exceptional'. They got that right.
    I'm surprised it left the factory, it's a shocker.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    edited May 2019
    The guitar Dept in another massively over priced shocker.

Very ambitious pricing throughout
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8031
    The guitar Dept in another massively over priced shocker.

Very ambitious pricing though

I was just going to say the same thing...I’m surprised Mr. GuitarDept isn’t marketing the shi*t paint job as some kind of positive (ie. more £££) attribute... ;)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30295
    edited May 2019
    Fireglo is my all time favourite finish but not when it's done that badly.
    Rickenbacker should be applauded for their equal opportunities policy in employing blind workers.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72471
    RIC do sometimes let some real howlers through. I can only assume the management leave at lunchtime on a Friday or something...

It will probably look better if it fades a bit, so I’d be inclined to make sure it stays in daylight!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Why has he put some kind of birthday cake emoji between each word?

I hope he loses a lot of money on it - it's far less severe than what I really think should be done to people who would put "save £££" on an eBay title.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9658
    I’m glad I found a Fireglo 330 that looks stunning in comparison... and at a price cheaper than that one first sold for! Who buys guitars at such overinflated prices?
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1303
    The headstock on my Jetglo (Black) Rick 12-string is pretty ropy. They never cleaned the grooves for the 6 sideways tuners and just sprayed over the dust/shavings etc. left in there. To do it properly would have been another 20 minutes work at most. 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18847
    I like it  :)  It makes my copies look really good  ;)
  • historyisjunkhistoryisjunk Frets: 500
    That is terrible, shame they didn't just think, "bollocks, I'll do a totally red one..." would have been fine.
    One thing in it's favour, if the colour in the photos is accurate, it's at least a nice red colour, I've seen some that were sprayed OK, but where, to me at least, the red colour is just wrong, like its got a bit of blue in it.
    The other thing I've seen is the odd 660/620 type with mismatched pieces of wood, that would probably have been fine as a solid colour, but for some reason the production process doesn't seem to allow for that.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72471
    That is terrible, shame they didn't just think, "bollocks, I'll do a totally red one..." would have been fine.
    One thing in it's favour, if the colour in the photos is accurate, it's at least a nice red colour, I've seen some that were sprayed OK, but where, to me at least, the red colour is just wrong, like its got a bit of blue in it.
    The other thing I've seen is the odd 660/620 type with mismatched pieces of wood, that would probably have been fine as a solid colour, but for some reason the production process doesn't seem to allow for that.
    I've seen a couple of natural finish ones with obvious filler at one of the joints where the tooling has torn the wood slightly - which would have been completely invisible if they'd been finished in a solid colour. It seems that once it's been allocated a particular colour, nothing changes that.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    Clown glo goes wrong. 
  • kt66kt66 Frets: 315
    edited May 2019
    As their biggest fan, that is shocking,  a result of things still being mainly hand made? I hope it was originally sold as factory reject .
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18847
    So far as I am aware, Rickenbacker does not sell any seconds or B stock as that would be bad for their reputation.
    They do have hand made features though 
    ;) 
  • VeganicVeganic Frets: 673
    edited May 2019
    .lAnyone else getting these recommended items:

https://i.imgur.com/FN9r0Tu.jpg

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom