Hard Case recommendation for Revelation RLR guitar

What's Hot
joseghastjoseghast Frets: 0
A few months ago I bought a Revelation RLR guitar second hand. I had a Les Paul-type hard case knocking around but turns out the Revelation is too big for the case.

I've been looking around in a few online shops and case manufacturers and I can't find something that fits: if it's a guitar case it seems to be too narrow or too short, if I look into bass hard cases they seem to be pretty big so I'm afraid the guitar would be too loose and knock around when moving.

I was wondering if anyone here has the same guitar and could recommend which hard case would fit?

Just in case, the measurements I took:

Length: 102 cm
Upper bout: 25.5 cm
Lower bout: 34.5 cm

Thanks in advance!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19029
    Hi, this may be a less than perfect solution than you are looking for.
    Have you thought of getting an affordable hardcase to cover the major dimensions from say, Thomann & then custom cutting some medium/high density foam to make the fit snug?
    Foam is available very cheaply from eBay or a local upholsterer & is easily cut with a stanley/craft knife.
    Sounds a bit Blue Peter, but it works  ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4205
    Hi, this may be a less than perfect solution than you are looking for.
    Have you thought of getting an affordable hardcase to cover the major dimensions from say, Thomann & then custom cutting some medium/high density foam to make the fit snug?
    Foam is available very cheaply from eBay or a local upholsterer & is easily cut with a stanley/craft knife.
    Sounds a bit Blue Peter, but it works  ;)

^ pretty much exactly what I was going to say
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• joseghastjoseghast Frets: 0
    No, I hadn't actually thought of doing that but sounds like a great solution!

Thanks for your help!
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19029
    Happy to try & help.