NOLPDPD..

What's Hot
welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1818
edited May 2019 in Guitar
New Old Les Paul Deluxe Pro Day :-)

Just had this through as part of a deal on my PRS CU24 - it’s a late 70’s Deluxe Pro which has been played a lot!! To me that means it’s a good one and I knew as soon as I played it that it just fits me!! Doesn’t weigh a huge amount and is slightly lighter than it’s Custom brother.

Those P90’s are just WOW, I expected them to sound slightly anemic compared to a full fat LP but I’ll almost go as far as saying they actually sound better than full hums - certainly a lot more versatile and is in no way lacking for girth and sustain!!

Has it’s original case, it’s had pots sometime in its life and the scratch plate is one I had off a guy on here (might need new bracket)

And here it is with its cousins...

0reaction image LOL 20reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    Lovely! 
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5811
    That’s absolutely gorgeous. I hope it brings many years of joy. 
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Love the arm wear :)  Have to ask, three piece top, definitely not originally a Goldtop? I'm not familiar with the Pro series.
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7081
    edited May 2019 tFB Trader
    clarkefan said:
    Love the arm wear  Have to ask, three piece top, definitely not originally a Goldtop? I'm not familiar with the Pro series.
    They were mostly Ebony and a few Sunbust. AFAIK no goldtops.

3-piece tops were common. I owned an early 80s Standard in Cherry that had one.

Nice guitar, I have a soft spot for the Pro Deluxe. My era :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    Oof, that's an absolute stunner. HNOLPDPD!
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1818
    clarkefan said:
    Love the arm wear :)  Have to ask, three piece top, definitely not originally a Goldtop? I'm not familiar with the Pro series.
    Definitely not a refin and to back up what @SteveRobinson says I have had a few of these late 70’s LP’s in the past (the Custom next to it is one and close you can see the paint sink over the 3 piece) and they have all been 2 or 3 piece. I had one early 70’s Deluxe that was a rare 1 piece..

Ebony Board on this one too which was a feature of the Pro’s it gives it a harder nosed spank (if that makes sense LOL).

The arm wear is quite cool too and the back of the neck is actually worn down to the wood - it is far removed from a case queen and IMO the good ones never are!!
  • WonkyWonky Frets: 188
    Happy New/Old guitar day dude
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    Nice collection man:)
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 473
    clarkefan said:
    Love the arm wear  Have to ask, three piece top, definitely not originally a Goldtop? I'm not familiar with the Pro series.
    They were mostly Ebony and a few Sunbust. AFAIK no goldtops.

3-piece tops were common. I owned an early 80s Standard in Cherry that had one.

Nice guitar, I have a soft spot for the Pro Deluxe. My era :)
    As a few few people have already said 3 piece tops were not unusual on 70s LPs. My wine coloured 1978 Deluxe has a 3 piece top which can be plainly seen through the finish.
  • rain.paraderain.parade Frets: 10
    edited May 2019
    I'm not normally a Les Paul fan, but that looks like one of those guitars that wants to be played! A 330 has always been my fantasy P90 guitar, but this is making me reconsider...
  • riverciderrivercider Frets: 461
    HNGD
    Get your Mike Ness on!