Genuine fender neck??? Please help!!!

What's Hot
Hi I’m looking at buying a relic’d partscaster on Facebook. The guy is advertising it as all genuine fender USA parts, but the Headstock looks off to me and there’s no serial number on the back of the neck. 
Please help!!! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    Thats not an american fender neck ( or mex or jap imho) 
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4966
    The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may be broken or expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    The fact that the neck may not be fender is the least of the problem. Interesting ageing on the back. 

Is he a coal miner?
  • The fact that the neck may not be fender is the least of the problem. Interesting ageing on the back. 

Is he a coal miner?
    Meant to be an SRV number one copy 
  • He also claims it was built by the same luthier that builds guitar for James Bay’s band
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19038
    He also claims it was built by the same luthier that builds guitar for James Bay’s band
    Sure it wasn't James Bond's band?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23161
    I can only see tiny pictures in that link, it could be almost anything.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72679
    I can only see one very poor resolution pic, but even at that...

The headstock is the wrong shape, even for the 90s wrong-shape Fenders when the SRV Strat was made.

It’s too cheap. If it was made from genuine USA Fender parts it would be worth more than that.

It’s for sale on Facebook.

That’s three red flags for a start.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14584
    That headstock and tuners look very like JHS/Encore. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14440
    tFB Trader
    Those pics are so bad - Might as well be CCTV images - Maybe that tells the story in that you can't see any detail - A good way to mislead you 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72679
    That headstock and tuners look very like JHS/Encore. 
    If it matters, someone I know had a Rory Gallagher replica that started life as a Encore, which he bought on Ebay - correctly (although still not legally) listed as not being a Fender. It was actually very well done and a good guitar, and he didn’t pay much for it.

I actually wondered if this one was done by the same person, it’s got a similar level of detail accuracy from the little I can see in the pic.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I asked him for the serial number that went with the neck (because fender keep a log so I could search if it’s genuine). He saw the message and there’s been no reply. Needless to say that says everything I need to know. 

But thanks though guys, you’ve been more than helpful. 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4207
    Chinese. £50 neck there