Off on my holiday!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Cirrus said:
    Where in Italy are you going?
    Tuscany, mainly Sorano, Pitigliano and Cinque Terre for a week then a train ride to Provence France for a week.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24343

This is a picture of all of the airliners in the air over Europe right now, at 1am on a Thurs.  In the daytime, it's far busier.  At any given moment there are anywhere between 9,000 and 14,000 airliners in the air around the world.

ALL of them have backup systems for everything and often backups to those backups.  They are expertly controlled by highly-trained pilots, ultra cautious air traffic controllers and hyper-vigilant computer systems constantly monitored by even more vigilant experts.  It is like this every day of every week of every year.  Hundreds of thousands of planes going from A to B, day in - day out, never ever coming closer than three miles horizontally and a thousand feet vertically (and 99% of the time it's a shitload more than that).

The number of crashes where people die are microscopically tiny in comparison.  It's probably something like the same odds as you playing darts blindfold all night and scoring 180 with each blind throw for hours on end.

You are at a MUCH greater risk of death sitting in the bath with a good book.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12364
    You'll be fine and if you really need to get out then most modern planes have at least 2 doors, don't worry.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom