Les Paul Axcess at Steven James Guitar Centre...

What's Hot
TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
https://www.northeastguitar.co.uk/gibson-custom-shop-les-paul-axcess-stoptail-gun-metal.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw_MnmBRAoEiwAPRRWW2S4dHjOTUPC8Ki75BG-FSfz9R4ZEZVPwBnlpu3comDA2mKzVsguhRoCUhQQAvD_BwE

Anyone handled this in person? 

This custom shop Les Paul Axcess has been heavily discounted here for several months. At only £300 more than a USA standard it seems well priced. Have almost clicked “add to basket” a couple of times but I can’t help wonder what’s wrong with it!!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Doubt there’s anything wrong with it at all

I had this lined up to buy myself but picked up a Floyd version instead. They are cracking CS guitars 

If I didn’t already have one in Gun metal finish I’d probably buy it anyway.
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4136
    Those looks great.  Thr Bengal colour is thre best though I reckon.  Truly lovely
  • chrishill901chrishill901 Frets: 516
    Yeah this is there every time I go in, nothing wrong with it at all.

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2367
    Is it really such good value though given that the recent LP Standard HPs essentially morphed into Axcess like models and can be had for £1,699 new on clearance at certain shops?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    StefB said:
    Is it really such good value though given that the recent LP Standard HPs essentially morphed into Axcess like models and can be had for £1,699 new on clearance at certain shops?
    But they are USA models from a different production line and (presumably) without the usual custom shop attention to detail
  • TINMAN82 said:
    StefB said:
    But they are USA models from a different production line and (presumably) without the usual custom shop attention to detail
    Errr... in many cases, that attention to detail can be sadly lacking on CS guitars.

Best way to decide is to play this one... and play one of the new models. Then decide.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    TINMAN82 said:
    StefB said:
    Errr... in many cases, that attention to detail can be sadly lacking on CS guitars.

Best way to decide is to play this one... and play one of the new models. Then decide.
    Sadly that would require a very long road trip. I’m now eyeing up some of the 2019 transitional model blow outs anyway!
  • TINMAN82 said:
    TINMAN82 said:
    StefB said:

Sadly that would require a very long road trip. I’m now eyeing up some of the 2019 transitional model blow outs anyway!

There are few things in life that are as fun as a 'guitar quest road trip.'
    Or maybe I've just got a sad life. :-)