New Strat Bitsa from stuff kicking around

paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
edited May 2019 in Making & Modding
I bought a solid Rosewood neck from @johnl recently and have been desperate to fit it to something!
So yesterday I was in the loft looking for something not guitar related and rediscovered my left/right Strat body that @GSPBASSES made me yonks ago, it still had its modded scratchplate attached, the seed of an idea was sown, so, a rummage through several boxes of bits soon had a guitar assembled and setup...
Its amazing the amount of bits I have....anyroadup, spec is
Wilky bridge
Iron Gear Overwound Pig Irons
Pickup screws/springs are intonation jobbies stolen from an old bridge!
CTS Pots
Tele knobs
Five way switch
Schaller locking tuners (bought specifically for the neck)
Round string trees

Turned out really well, setup is great, neck is sublime, so silky smooth, with no finish....
But it has some issues....
Not keen on the pickups, they are all I had, especially the bridge, but that is usual for me, I have a BK Sinner to replace it...I like Sinners!
Tone pots are all or nothing
Volume pot doesn't work!.....

Next string change will see fettling of the issues, but overall I love it!

Anyroadup....photos

http://i.imgur.com/PoRAP8G.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/FNBncn8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/aaRUq22.jpg

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    That is glacial cool 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    DrBob said:
    That is glacial cool 
    Thanks Doc!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2530
    Love that Paul!! You sure you dont want the pots to go with the pups? Sounds like you might need them..
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    I couldn't deal with the lefty body personally (although I like the black/grain), but the neck looks AMAZING!!!
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Love that Paul!! You sure you dont want the pots to go with the pups? Sounds like you might need them..
    I have pots of pots! I think I cocked up the wiring, pickups sound better now Ive readjusted the amp after the pink one had dusted......DUH!

axisus said:
    I couldn't deal with the lefty body personally (although I like the black/grain), but the neck looks AMAZING!!!
    I realy like a thin finish on Swamp Ash....

• lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2530
    paulnb57 said:
    I have pots of pots! I think I cocked up the wiring, pickups sound better now Ive readjusted the amp after the pink one had dusted......DUH!

Haha nice one - been there too :+1: 

Really like that neck and body combo!