HX Effects Firmware 2.8

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2462
    I've not managed to install the beta yet, just been too snowed under at work since I got back!
    I don’t have it yet. Just played a unit with the beta loaded. Sounded great. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • "Not happening today; sorry, guys. We're hoping to have a release candidate (a rev that, with a lot of luck and no blocker bugs found, could become 2.80) by the end of this week."- Digloo
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24676

Digital Igloo:

"I've said it before, but we NEVER know a firmware update's release date until about 10 minutes before it's released. Works like this: Build release candidate, shoot for a 1pm (or whenever) release, find last minute bug(s), cancel the release, fix the bug(s), build a new release candidate the next morning, shoot for 1pm (or whenever) release, find last minute bug(s), cancel the release, rinse and repeat. 2.80 is no different, but we're not at release candidate yet. ....

At this point, we simply don't know if 2.80 will be out before the 21st. Some days it doesn't look good; other days it does. We're not going to provide play-by-play.

The hotkey templates are fun as hell, that's for sure. Played Portal 2 with my feet last night. The night before, I tracked dozens of guitar takes in Logic without ever touching a mouse or keyboard."

It will be ready, when it's ready.

I never update on release day anyway.

Wait for news of any massive problems first!
  • 46 hours before the end of play today, just haven't had time to dig in. But I really want to! Maybe during lunch I'll have a quick play, coz I wanna checkout those Revv amp models.

Bye!

Bollocks to that - fire up the SVT4!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PFAllen2PFAllen2 Frets: 244
    For all the clock watching and comments in other places, you would think that Helix doesn't actually work until 2.8 comes out! 
    Click here for my Trading Feedback
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7580
    I'm so bored of the 2.8 speculation that now I want to know what models they are working on for 2.9 :-) 
    Red ones are better. 
  • ewalewal Frets: 2621
    Have I missed something? Is v2.8 of the firmware released? Is it worth investigating?
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33850
    ewal said:
    Have I missed something? Is v2.8 of the firmware released? Is it worth investigating?
    Yeah it is out now.
    Pity my Helix is boxed up ready to be loaded onto a boat.
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    relic245 said:
    We've released stuff on a Friday before. It's dumb. Just do it on the Monday.

A friend of mine works in IT for a major international parcel company. 

They were shifting data centers and,  at the same time, moving to a different IT services company. Many mission-critical systems had been rebuilt from the ground up. 

Management could not seem to understand that going live the week before Christmas was a bad idea.
    Its staggering how much risk is taken by major organisations - people process and technology all need to be aligned to drive change correctly - otherwise its a clusterf***