Fender pickup prices/values

joetelejoetele Frets: 952
Thinking of getting some new pickups for my Tele and wondering what the value is of the two sets of pickups I've had in it over the years. 

First is a set of stock pickups from 2003 - it's a Mexican standard Tele. 

Second is a set of Samarium Cobalt Noiseless pickups I hsd installed in it probably about a decade ago. 

Both fender pickup sets - any idea how much these would go for on eBay or on here in the classifieds? 

Cheers
MUSIC: Pale Blurs
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9673
    Next to nothing for the MIM Standard pickups - they’re ceramic bar magnet pickups that don’t have a good reputation for being particularly Tele-like. Having said that, I really did like the pickups in the mid-90s MIM Standard I had. The problem is that Tonerider, Irongear etc. make better pickups these days that fill the “upgrade a Squier” niche very well for inexpensive prices.
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 952
    Cheers dude, I'll just keep the MIM pups asva backup then. 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14581
    The Fender Samarium Cobalt Noiseless pickups are similarly difficult to set a price on. They have a small but enthusiastic cult following. The combination of “noiseless” operation and unfamiliar magnetic materials leads the majority of punters to dismiss them out of hand. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 952
    The Fender Samarium Cobalt Noiseless pickups are similarly difficult to set a price on. They have a small but enthusiastic cult following. The combination of “noiseless” operation and unfamiliar magnetic materials leads the majority of punters to dismiss them out of hand. 
    Yeah it's a shame - they're really nice, perfect and almost crystal clear pickups with no noise
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9673
    joetele said:
    Cheers dude, I'll just keep the MIM pups asva backup then. 
    I wasn’t trying to sound negative, but you might get £20 for them on ebay if you put some effort in the photos and description. I recently sold a set from a Classic 60s Strat and was hoping for £45 - £15 each for what are decent sounding, Alnico rod pickups, taken from a guitar a few months old. I accepted considerably less.