PSA: Broadcasts in stock at Joe’s

What's Hot
Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3438
Joe has some cool green sparkle broadcasts in stock, it seems:

http://www.joespedals.com/acatalog/Hudson_Electronics.html
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7682
    Do they still sound good when they aren’t hard to get? 
    Red ones are better. 
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3438
    TimmyO said:
    I’ve not heard a demo I particularly like but I may have odd tastes...in any case Joe’s are a nice cool green sparkle design, and Joe is a great person to do business with, and at 169 quid these aren’t hugely expensive either. I’d bet good money I’d prefer a Broadcast to a KoT :)
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1074
    Just ordered one. Cant wait!
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4054
    I’ve just ordered one off eBay. Quick turnaround from someone but saved me a few £.

I’ve been wanting a Broadcast for ages and now I have a green sparkly one coming!
  • danodano Frets: 1609
    edited May 2019
    Moe_Zambeek said:
    at 169 quid these aren’t hugely expensive either. 
    £169. Not expensive ?!

You're more than welcome to take me for dinner
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3438
    dano said:
    Moe_Zambeek said:
    at 169 quid these aren’t hugely expensive either. 
    £169. Not expensive ?!

You're more than welcome email to take me for dinner :)
    I don’t think it is, really, and I did say not ‘hugely’ expensive. About the same as a Timmy, a lot cheaper than a KoT or Duellist or many many other small company overdrives. Actually not much more than a three course dinner for two with wine in central edinburgh now you mention it ;) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4054
    I think it’s well priced in it’s market, and compared to similar small batch, hand made pedals. Eg. The Benson pre-amp is £249 on Andertons. Even a mass produced dual Ibanez Tubescreamer is over £200...
  • Just got one last week and have a love/hate relationship with it.... Early days yet and haven't gigged it yet but seems to love the volume halfway down and playing with fingers - must mess with the internal trimmers too. Does do a lovely Gibbons-esque fuzz effect though! Defo a keeper. 
    I do love some sparkle green =)
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 540
    TimmyO said:
    Dunno, but I just got some of the transformers and transistors to build some, so I shall let you know! :D 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10912
    I know someone who does clones. I'm using mine on everything at the mo, both guitar and bass
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    I built a three knob Broadcast clone using the tagboards schematic with the high gain toggle switch as a foot switch, bloody love it and use it a lot. The low cut is key to tuning in the sound. I was lucky to find an OC71 with good leakage/hFE in an old radio that was being chucked...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Octafish said:
    I built a three knob Broadcast clone using the tagboards schematic with the high gain toggle switch as a foot switch, bloody love it and use it a lot. The low cut is key to tuning in the sound. I was lucky to find an OC71 with good leakage/hFE in an old radio that was being chucked...

Ah, I see what you did there with the transformer!  I ended up redrawing the layout with additional rows and columns so I could fit the transformer on the main board.  Is the mod you have done all that is the difference with the dual switch version of the actual broadcast?  just a replacement for the toggle? 
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    SteveF said:

Ah, I see what you did there with the transformer!  I ended up redrawing the layout with additional rows and columns so I could fit the transformer on the main board.  Is the mod you have done all that is the difference with the dual switch version of the actual broadcast?  just a replacement for the toggle? 
    Yeah, the tagboard schematic showed the transformer soldered into the board, but the layout does not give enough space so I thought a daughterboard the tidiest way to do it. I couldn't find any schematics for the dual switch so I just wired a foot swicth in place in place of the toggle.

A footswitch is so much more useful than a toggle, particularly for playing live. I've done the same with a number of builds that have toggles for higher gain settings like the Wampler 65.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Looks great. I figured there was plenty of room to expand the board a bit since the 300uF cap and transformer are tall so I couldn’t mount on the back of the pots anyway so no chance of getting it in a 1590B. Going to put in a BB like you have - May swap the switch out for a stomp. Great idea.