Boss PH-3 volume drop

SnagsSnags Frets: 5420
I suspect the answer to this is "get a different pedal" (which may morph into "get a multi-FX" because I'm not convinced I can be arsed with lugging the big bugger around anymore) but just in case …

… I have a Boss PH-3, and I do like the phasing sounds it produces. But it does introduce a significant volume/output drop when it's engaged. If it was always-on that wouldn't be a problem, but generally I only use it for the odd song now and again, so it's a total pain.

I assume there's nothing that can be (easily) done to the pedal to fix it, and that my only options are:

- replace it
 - set everything up with the volume pedal backed off a bit, then max it out when using the phaser
 - set up a clean boost to compensate for the drop and engage that with the phaser

?

It's already on a loop switcher and makes no difference what other pedals are or aren't engaged.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72806
    Sell it and buy a PH-2 or PH-1R. They just sound better, as well as not doing that. The 2 may be the best for you, the 1R actually causes a slight volume *boost*.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5420
    Thanks @ICBM - pretty much what I expected.

I'll go update the ebay watch lists ...
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994

there was on for sale on here, I was eying it up. possibly @wiresDreamDisasters selling ?