The cheapest and quickest mod I've ever done on a guitar....

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 851
    skaguitar said:
    Is that one of those gear4music Tele kits? Looks quite good!
    no...it was made by a guy called Michael Couling.. his company are called California Artist Guitars and he makes S and T type guitars and basses... he doesn't put fender decals on the headstocks he has his own logo in spaghetti style writing...they are very well built guitars :)
    Sorry.... thought it looked quite nice; )
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3007
    And now I’m imagining a Tele bridge plate with no pickup cutout 
  • skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 977
    skaguitar said:
    no...it was made by a guy called Michael Couling.. his company are called California Artist Guitars and he makes S and T type guitars and basses... he doesn't put fender decals on the headstocks he has his own logo in spaghetti style writing...they are very well built guitars :)
    on re reading my answer did seem a but blunt but no offence was taken.. :)
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
    DrBob said:
    And now I’m imagining a Tele bridge plate with no pickup cutout 
    now that's a good idea..!!
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
  • SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 851
    skaguitar said:
    skaguitar said:
    I read your reply and thought.... I was only joking: )
    skaguitar said:
    skaguitar said:
    I read your reply and thought.... I was only joking: )
    sometimes the written word doesn't translate the way you actually meant it... :)
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Cory Wong actually does this with position 4 on his Strat:

• MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    skaguitar said:
    terada said:
    You’ll find adding a switch tip significantly improves the tone 
    It was that bloody thing I kept knocking with my pick hand and changing position mid song..!! 
    Now you’ll just end up with a bloody picking hand  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Maynehead said:
    skaguitar said:
    terada said:
    You’ll find adding a switch tip significantly improves the tone 
    It was that bloody thing I kept knocking with my pick hand and changing position mid song..!! 
    Now you’ll just end up with a bloody picking hand  ;)
    I will suffer for my art...:)
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 473
    I’ve thought of doing away with the switch altogether and switching the pickups with a couple of pull push switching pots.
    I’ve thought of doing away with the switch altogether and switching the pickups with a couple of pull push switching pots.
    another good idea... personally I'd be happy with a tele with just a neck pick up :)
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10278
    edited May 2019
    When I first starting playing Teles I’d always hit the selector. Never now. 

Its a technique thing. Spend a little bit of time changing your strumming angle and you won’t need to put tape on your guitar!

thegummy said:

Again, he’s good enough to spend a little time working on that. No need to uglify your guitar like that. 

Its a technique thing. Spend a little bit of time changing your strumming angle and you won’t need to put tape on your guitar!

thegummy said:

Again, he’s good enough to spend a little time working on that. No need to uglify your guitar like that. 
    The thing is I’ve been playing ska and reggae a long time and you can see from the mark on the pick guard where my strumming hand ends up ...I think I’m too long in the tooth to start altering my technique...can’t teach an old dog new tricks and all that. I think in a gig situation I would quickly and naturally go back to how I play ..after all I’ve been playing this music exclusively for the past 6 or 7 years and guitar for 25 years. I don’t mind having to tape the selector switch to be honest :)
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10278
    skaguitar said:

thegummy said:

The thing is I’ve been playing ska and reggae a long time and you can see from the mark on the pick guard where my strumming hand ends up ...I think I’m too long in the tooth to start altering my technique...can’t teach an old dog new tricks and all that. I think in a gig situation I would quickly and naturally go back to how I play ..after all I’ve been playing this music exclusively for the past 6 or 7 years and guitar for 25 years. I don’t mind having to tape the selector switch to be honest :)
    I’ve also been playing 25 years or so, and I recently had to change my hand position when palm muting on Strats as I normally use hard tails, and when I wanted it floating I was always pushing down slightly on the trem, which was noticeable to me. With a conscious effort I moved my band back, and now I don’t even think about it!
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7345

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>