SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - Gibson CS-336 - Dave Grohl style - BARNEZY'S CLEAROUT

BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2230
edited May 2019 in Guitars £
Hi guys,

A £1 offer came up on eBay and got me thinking what I don't need. As a forum member, I wanted to offer them here before the ads go live. See my other posts in acoustics, amps and FX. 

This guitar has been on here before. I thought it was sold but the buyer pulled out... typical Gumtree. 

It's a great guitar I just dont play it. Bought it on impulse, but never had a need for it and as it's so nice it's just sat in the case. 

Some of you may remember I placed a post on here about the QC of this guitar. The thing is at that time i was comparing it to a Collings acoustic I had, worth £2k more. The more I've become familiar with Gibson's the more I realise this is actually good QC for them. Problem is, nothing compares to Collings QC imo. 

Here's the Ebay summary: 

Gibson CS-336 Custom Shop Benchmark Edition, clearly styled on the Dave Grhol DG-335 / Trini Lopez ES-335. 

I am the first owner of this guitar. Since I bought it, it's remained in its case in a cupboard as it's too nice to leave out with toddlers in the house, so I've just always picked up my other guitar that was out. Therefore it is in the exact same state as when I bought it. 

This is a very unique and rare guitar. Don't mistake it for a ES-339 as they are made from laminated wood. This is carved from one solid piece of mahogany for back and sides and a solid piece of maple for the top. Many describe the tone of the CS-336, closer to a Les Paul than a hollow body, probably because of the solid wood construction. 

The neck is similar to a Les Paul R9 if not slightly rounder. Very comfortable and it has been setup fantastically, straight out the factory.

Weight is 3.3kg or 7.3lbs. It feels light as the body and neck are similarly weighted. 

If you want to hear it being played just search Pelham Blue CS 336 in YouTube and Wildwood have a video demo. They commissioned the build.

Gibson spec here: 

Pelham Blue Finish 
Carved Maple Top 
Solid Mahogany Back and Sides 
1-Piece Mahogany Neck 
1-Piece Rosewood Fretboard 
Custom Neck Profile 
24-3/4" Scale Length 
1.687" Nut Width 
Non-Reverse Firebird Headstock (10% Smaller) 
Custombucker Pickups (10% Underwound) 
Cream Top, Back, and Fretboard Binding 
ABR BridgeStopbar Tailpiece 
Nickel Hardware 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom