Mike Ness - Social Distortion

SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

Just watched this.

I was aware of them, never really listened to them, but bought a "greatest hits album" on the back of this video.

Seems like a nice guy with some great stories.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12961
    White Light, White Heat, White Trash is one of my all time favourite albums but weirdly enough their other stuff never did all that much for me. 

Will give this a watch though, thanks for posting. 
  • riverciderrivercider Frets: 461
    Yep, thanks for posting.  I overlooked them for many years and probably unfairly, they're a solid act with great taste in guitars judging by their rig rundowns on youtube. Haven't watched this yet but certainly will.  I actually bought a goldtop with P90s last year with just a hint of Ness influence.....
    Don't know too much about him really, I did read he was a dedicated vegan (commendable although can't quite manage it myself), also that he had a well documented physical spat with an audience member last year, be interesting to hear if he is legally allowed to discuss that now as he was unable to talk about it at the time as was being investigated.
    Don't think he's been quite as 'engaged' with the audience as Mr Rollins, but I know he's had his moments. 
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7238
    Really enjoyed that - thanks for posting
  • sw67sw67 Frets: 233
    Thanks - my fav band. 

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23150
    White Light, White Heat, White Trash is one of my all time favourite albums but weirdly enough their other stuff never did all that much for me. 
    Me too.  It was one of those albums I played every day for months on end.  I bought a couple of others and didn't like them as much, although I admit there's a lot of their stuff I've never heard.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2914

Will give this a watch though, thanks for posting. 
    Same for me too though I do really like the self titled too. WLWHWT is brilliant. Love the tones in Social Distortion.